legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I think this is around 1995

another small dinky 17" frame thats just ok for me to pootle about on.

Budget bits from you-know-where and mismatching green forks/ stem from another bike that was unfortunate enough to be nearby when I picked up the spray paint.

The tires came from a bootsale for 50p

Attachments

• orange c16 001.jpg
    orange c16 001.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 2,282
  • orange c16 002.jpg
    orange c16 002.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 2,282
My mate had one way back when, same colour and everything. Looks really nice. Those tyres are awesome, bargain. Love it - good work.

Hmmm nice...

Id like a 21" one of these, (as a change from the P7's, see???)

Always liked the c16.

Not a skip find surelllly??????

I think you may well be right about 1995. I find it difficult to tell, but I think it's probable that your bike should have the style of decals of the bike shown below. It has a removeable seat clamp like yours, which they went over to during 95. Yours doesn't have F7 forks, which I think they went over to later in 95, so maybe it places yours at early in 95?

C16Rs always feel very small for some reason. I'm happy on a size 19, whereas a size 19 Kona is well too big for me. The size 17 like yours also has a very short head tube, so it's very low at the front and I for one support your brave decision to resort to riser bars. What was that old saying? Better to have loved a C16R with a riser bar than never to have loved a C16R at all? Something like that anyway.

Attachments

• 1995 or 96 C16R size 19.jpg
    1995 or 96 C16R size 19.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,220
Anthony":lukdjl0i said:
I think you may well be right about 1995. I find it difficult to tell, but I think it's probable that your bike should have the style of decals of the bike shown below. It has a removeable seat clamp like yours, which they went over to during 95. Yours doesn't have F7 forks, which I think they went over to later in 95, so maybe it places yours at early in 95?

C16Rs always feel very small for some reason. I'm happy on a size 19, whereas a size 19 Kona is well too big for me. The size 17 like yours also has a very short head tube, so it's very low at the front and I for one support your brave decision to resort to riser bars. What was that old saying? Better to have loved a C16R with a riser bar than never to have loved a C16R at all? Something like that anyway.

I have the Orange aluminium forks for it. It had an STX headset and STX / FiR rims and Alivio parts when I originally got it. And it has canti mounts.

Those are original decals which are the same as yours, just a different colour, my mate removed the C16 as he is a clockwork fan.

Back