DB Axis 1992

Re: 91

slimjoe":23nmayvy said:
this is a 91 defo ;)

my uncle had the exact model and i had the same years axis pro.

91 was black with white splatter and orange decals. Axis Pro was lime green with white splatter.

92 was blue/black with yellow splatter.

I've not seen this colour combo before.

slimjoe":16tzuvzt said:
this is a 91 defo ;)

91 was black with white splatter and orange decals. Axis Pro was lime green with white splatter.

MadCowKev":1qyf6hju said:
slimjoe":1qyf6hju said:
this is a 91 defo ;)

Me neither, but the cable routing seems to date it at 93 - there's another thread with an Apex with identical routing, which turns out is a 93.

I have

Ive got the brochure with it in ;)

Axis Pro was black with 1st gen XTR ....Axis was available in 2 colours including this pearl grey one here.

Ill find it and make sure of correct year.

Hi

Pretty sure the frame is a '93 onwards because of the top tube cable routing like mine here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72670

Looking at the style of the decals I would say the frame is a 93/94 (pre-snake stay rear end)

I do remember seeing this colour when I bought my bike, but didn't have enough dough to stretch to the Axis at the time (oh those Uni days!)

Ade

Re: I have

slimjoe":1adqxts0 said:

Axis Pro was black with 1st gen XTR ....Axis was available in 2 colours including this pearl grey one here.

I'm looking at the 91 brochure, and the Axis was black, with a splatter type paint job. The Axis Team was a kind of lime green with a splatter paintjob. Neither had gear cables routed along the top tube, they went down the down tube.

XTR wasn't out in 91, I think it came out around 92.

The pictures are of a 93 model, it was that year when they started routing the cables across the top tube like that. And in later years, routed them a little differently (ie the 2+1 thing).

Re: I have

Neil":2h54xo53 said:
slimjoe":2h54xo53 said:

I'm looking at the 91 brochure, and the Axis was black, with a splatter type paint job. The Axis Team was a kind of lime green with a splatter paintjob. Neither had gear cables routed along the top tube, they went down the down tube.

XTR wasn't out in 91, I think it came out around 92.

The pictures are of a 93 model, it was that year when they started routing the cables across the top tube like that. And in later years, routed them a little differently (ie the 2+1 thing).

Neill, your bang on mate it was 92..I remember i was very lucky to have a complete XTR group in very early 92 on the Axis Pro..

Brochure i mentioned is 92 :oops:

So I was right it is a '92 and they did come in 2 different colour schemes?... woohoo! nice to find out you're right once in a while.

SlimJoe - could you scan in a few pages of that '92 brochure? specifically the pages of the Response?

Looking forward to seeing this Axis built up.

BG":350fae3c said:
So I was right it is a '92 and they did come in 2 different colour schemes?... woohoo! nice to find out you're right once in a while.

I still don't think it's a 92.

I'm convinced it's a 93 model - only 93 models had cable routing over the top tube like that.

Neil":1y8c9261 said:
BG":1y8c9261 said:

I still don't think it's a 92.

I'm convinced it's a 93 model - only 93 models had cable routing over the top tube like that.

I agree, 93 was the only year the cables ran like that

Back