Orange Clockwork date?

skyd0g

Retro Newbie
1st post on here...
I'd been looking through the bike threads & thought I'd post a pic of my old Orange Clockwork - built-up by myself wayyy-back (around '93 at a guess?)

The Crud guards are a recent addition as this is now my wet weather bike, but everything else dates from back then. :cool:

here's a pic:
IMG_3988copy.jpg

Yes, it IS pretty clean. :cool:
...I'm afraid it hasn't seen much action over the last 15 years, while I've been chasing a mouse around a desk. :cry:

...but when I was using it (mainly commuting), it got cleaned after every ride & has been stored in the dry. Even the original Ritchey Z-Max 2.1's are still in good nick, with no cracks! :D

It could be a 93, but I think more likely a 94. They used those colours in both years, and confusingly then used the same colour scheme again for the successor C16R, also in 94. Some had purple decals, some orange, but I'm afraid I don't know whether you can tie down the year from that. What does the serial number say?

Lovely clean bike mate. I LOVE Clockworks! :D

That colour came out in '93. As '94 was the last year Orange made real Clockworks it must be one of the two. ;)

Clockwork

Yeah, it's a model year 93/94, just like mine. There's a catalogue on the site somewhere if you fancy hunting around

Re: Clockwork

BlackCat":34hkj5t8 said:
Yeah, it's a model year 93/94, just like mine. There's a catalogue on the site somewhere if you fancy hunting around

Thanks, I'll have a search about for the catalogue & frame number. IIRC, I got the frame in '93, I think they did the thicker front forks the following year, and then went to suspension forks later on.

I'll post some more detailled pics of it if anyone would be interested. :D

Back