The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

sinnett177":32094mlk said:
Dr S":32094mlk said:
pioneering classic killer routes.
I've seen your 'pioneering classic killer routes' before Si :shock: . Thinking of a route recce this Saturday from Settle to Mallam, it's from the 'What Mountain Bike' magazine CD-Rom you got in this months issue. Looks fantastic, anyone fancy joining the recce?

looks like a great ride but a 380 mile round trip is not really worth it for me, could make the lakes but just a wee bit to south for me :(

clockworkgazz":f1p3katx said:
sinnett177":f1p3katx said:
Dr S":f1p3katx said:
pioneering classic killer routes.
I've seen your 'pioneering classic killer routes' before Si :shock: . Thinking of a route recce this Saturday from Settle to Mallam, it's from the 'What Mountain Bike' magazine CD-Rom you got in this months issue. Looks fantastic, anyone fancy joining the recce?

looks like a great ride but a 380 mile round trip is not really worth it for me, could make the lakes but just a wee bit to south for me :(
Was thinking that last night, so might go for the Farleton fell to Kirby Lonsdale ride as it's only 2 mins off the motorway at Kendal. Just need to piece a few trails together.

@ Mr Kawasaki
We need to get a locked sticky thread up with a calendar of rides clearly listed so as to avoid clashes now that the area groups are maturing.

Is there anything you can do?

Cheers
Si

Dr S":19rqtqu9 said:
@ Mr Kawasaki
We need to get a locked sticky thread up with a calendar of rides clearly listed so as to avoid clashes now that the area groups are maturing.

Is there anything you can do?

Cheers
Si

Senior management are on the case - 2010 will be 'planned' for success...!

Mr K

Proposed date for Farleton Fell/Kirby Lonsdale ride is Saturday November 21st. First recce is this Saturday if anyone fancies joining me.

sinnett177":g7wmmevy said:
Proposed date for Farleton Fell/Kirby Lonsdale ride is Saturday November 21st. First recce is this Saturday if anyone fancies joining me.

Will add it to the NE&Yorks calander and rustle the troops.

Si

I should be up for Farleton Fell on November 21st. Can't make it for the first recce though. :cry:
What sort of distance/time are you thinking?

drystonepaul":1m1lqg3d said:
I should be up for Farleton Fell on November 21st. Can't make it for the first recce though. :cry:
What sort of distance/time are you thinking?
Would be aiming to be between 20 and 25 miles with a good mixture of off road and quiet country lanes, finishing on the old national DH course (which i've now ridden twice now on a rigid without too much issue, plus there are bailout routes for those wishing to refrain). Hard to give an accurate time scale but would expect 3 to 4 hours of actual riding.

Once the recce is done i'll post up a thread in the events section and we'll go from there.

Back