NE&Yorks. Thrunton Woods, Saturday October 24th

Ive just put this in the diary so will definitely be there, Barring acts of god :shock: Gutted I missed the Peaks ride as it was my old home turf, but I had other arrangements :cry: See you all soon ;)

I'm over the cross thing now,got it out of my system last year,twas a winter of pain and suffering :oops:
Good holiday Gil?

It is perfectly Single Speedable, I SS it every Tuesday night (Im becoming a convert). There is mucho climbing though and the downhills are steep and techy so gear ratio needs to be low- Ive found 32/18 to be on the money for Thrunton. I ride without any suspension too and it's rigid friendly as there is little hi speed stuff.
Went up again last night and despite the rain and getting soaked to the skin we rode until we ran out of batteries again. We found a few new sections too- there are now so many options you could ride all weekend and not see your own tyre tracks!

One thing when choosing your steeds- make sure it has very good brakes and the seatpost goes down. Good tyres are essential- something soft that works well in loose and rooty terrain is what you want.

It's going to be a blast :cool:

Roll or honour (provisional)
Nayfinesse
Drewson
Dr S
Clockworkgazz
Velo
ZigZag
The Ken
Kaya
Gil M (with Mark and Ian??)
MJN
Andy B
P20
JimiHendrix

Nice turnout so far :D

Si
@Gil, cross bike is not the bike for thrunton matey :shock:

Won't be possible for me i'm afraid, too many people already booked off at work. Have a good time.

Definitely coming to Thrunton now as I've booked myself into YHA Byrness over that weekend as a wee mini break for myself. Cannot face motoring down, riding the trails and motoring back all in one day. So hopefully on Saturday I'll arrive fresh and ready to battle :D

Hopefully not going to regret going the single speed route :roll:

Back