Dorset/Purbecks ride anyone??

guybe":i96az1hc said:
I could be interested for a ride but is modern mtb is allowed for this? if retro mtb is prefered then I will have to pass and will be cool about it.

You can ride what you want :D I've only been on a couple of retro rides and there has been a mix of retro and modern on both

Hoping to get out with Lumos2000 on Sunday to look at some routes.
Popped into lbs yesterday and the owner may come along too, and has been mentioning the ride to any customers bringing in retro rides :D

Is that an LBS in Poole Makster?

I met a bloke on the sky ride who asked to take a photo of my RC200 and said he had a mate who was organising a retro ride in the dorset area in october. Also said the chap was a member of this site.

He gave me his card but I cant remember his name off the top of my head.

JeRkY":1ywqmhbd said:

I met a bloke on the sky ride who asked to take a photo of my RC200 and said he had a mate who was organising a retro ride in the dorset area in october. Also said the chap was a member of this site.

Its cycleworks in Parkstone. Cant remember the chaps name off the top of my head :?
He's truing the wheels on my Alpinestars at the mo, so I'll ask him if it was him when I pick it up ;)

makster":2vp2h84f said:
JeRkY":2vp2h84f said:

Its cycleworks in Parkstone. Cant remember the chaps name off the top of my head :?
He's truing the wheels on my Alpinestars at the mo, so I'll ask him if it was him when I pick it up ;)

I should visit this section more often :oops:

The chap in question is John, he took the picture of the sweet RC200 posted it up on Facebook for my attention.(Very nice :cool: )
I've been trying to sort out a free weekend for an age to get a retro ride together...had a post all typed up then spotted this thread. :roll:

Not a problem as the more the merrier :LOL: I've had the nod from around 15 members, so it's looking like it going to be a very social ride ;)

I can also help if people are wanting to make a weekend of it.
My olds run a great B&B and can do top rates for retro bikers. pm if interested.
check out their site www.thelodgepoole.com

Excellent :D This should be a belter. Can only hope the weather was as it was over there yesterday when Lumos2000 and I did a reccy ride.
Did a comprehensive reccy of the beer garden of The Bankes Inn ;)

Quiet day in the world of x-ray service today, so I headed over the Purbecks to try a few different routes.
Got lost a few times, but stumbled across some great trails :D

Here are some pics from today, to whet the appetite ;)

View from the top

fisher061.jpg

fisher067.jpg

fisher072.jpg

fisher083.jpg

fisher087.jpg

This one is for Heathy! Its the view from within Fort Henry. Churchill, King George VI, General Sir Bernard Montgomery, and General Dwight D. Eisenhower have all stood here, to watch D-Day preperations ;)

fisher091.jpg

fisher096.jpg

Back