You paid £200 for THIS???

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
:? Said the missus...
I saw this sad little frame while trawling through Ebay last week. Only 10mins drive away, so I could nip round and have a nosey. :) http://www.flickr.com/photos/16732514@N ... 351237859/
That cable rub looks bad, but it is only the paint. Very thick paint too, probably accounting for at least half of the weight - 1.75KG ! :shock:
Anyone know which model it is? Frame no is DEK254.
Off to the powder coaters tomorrow.... :p

:cool: nice one, I'd been watching it, good to see its in the gang :D

For the moment, A White Bros Carbon jobby.
More immediately, what colour? I was thinking off white , but those seatstays would sure look purty in Red Pearl... :cool:

Re: .

Grannygrinder":2nthx4hh said:
Very nice. Strange location for cable rub on the top tube?

If it the one I remember being posted in the ebay watch then it was a lever to V, loosely wrapped around the frame brake cable (all outer :LOL: )

Re: .

FluffyChicken":30j82vws said:
Grannygrinder":30j82vws said:
Very nice. Strange location for cable rub on the top tube?

If it the one I remember being posted in the ebay watch then it was a lever to V, loosely wrapped around the frame brake cable (all outer :LOL: )
That's it, just coiled around loosely.
I've had 2nd thoughts about the powder coating. This will be the nicest bike I've ever owned, and probably ever will own, so it deserves better. she's being packed off to Bob Jackson, later in the week, for a wet one! :D
I'm in two minds about adding a disc mount. Probably best to use my Hope axle mounted adapter,or just use a V on the back...

Back