Mr K's Day in the Peaks 26th September **AFTERMATH**

Stally":7xesaeh5 said:
Looks like you guys had a really good ride.

Ive had a look at the map, where was your starting point? Was it in Hope B6187
Think thats right, basically from the Woodbine Cafe/B+B heading in the direction of the Old Hall (both venues to be avoided unless bad manners, poor service and microwaved food are your thing).

sinnett177":nrq9wkub said:
Stally":nrq9wkub said:

Think thats right, basically from the Woodbine Cafe/B+B heading in the direction of the Old Hall (both venues to be avoided unless bad manners, poor service and microwaved food are your thing).

breakfast is recommended at the Woodbine as it was lush

DJ Tourettes and the Beergut Disco at the Old Hall was not....

Beergut Disco sounds right up my street. Bollocks, I knew I was missing out as I was sat there being made to watch Strictly Come Dancing that night :roll:

As myself and Pickle drove back through the different types of flatter and flatter countryside back to our respective flatlands, we came to the slightly worrying conclusion that neither of us were actual 'mountain bikers'.

We were 'trundle bikers' or 'faffing bikers' as neither of our neighbourhoods offer anything like what is on offer at the Peaks.

Next year, my challange to myself is to at least ride to the mast.

holme_lode.jpg
[/img]

sinnett177":ha4nykuo said:
Stally":ha4nykuo said:

Oh and is it best to go clockwise or anti?
I haven't done any riding in that area, but looks good.

Disco was pure genius.

seriously, the whole experience was so Phoenix Nights it wasn't funny. But it was funny though. :LOL:

Having to mime pouring water into a glass to get a glass of water was a personal highlight. And wondering if it was a short order because the mime of tap turning on and off was too quick. :LOL:

Tintin would have loved it.

Back