94 Klein Quantum Pro Coral Reef Completed!!! Pg5

dancingjack":3izzjap8 said:
This will be my display bike at home, so it doesn't really matter if it's white or black tape As long as it is beautiful, I am happy. I'll only use this bike on special occasions only.

Ah, hah! yeah then white bar tape is fine...

idk, my opinion on that differs, cant imagine the use of a bike i dont ride quite frequently :) but that paint and everything, I'm on the fence in your case. and at least youll enjoy it sometimes, i definately dont ever expect you to for example lock it up or commute with it or anything, i guess my situation is different also because I hold a part time job where its a TON of hours if you work 25 in a week. (A&F) my build is definately flashier than you'd expect on a $250~$300 usd every two weeks after tax job (i think... probably out of my realistic price range too) so I have boatloads of time that i have nothing to do except sit on my bike seat and go, you probably work a *real* (Ghasp) job, which is definitely a good reason, that or you have other steeds that fit you and ride just fine.
Im going to beat up mine, just like the klein attitude i just got. i already wrecked that one into a gully within the first week. the bike made it out fine but i was bleeding all over haha.

and YES my father warned me about building a frame up from scratch, very very expensive. if i wouldnt have got the frame and fork for next to nothing i wouldnt have considered it, but once I had the frame sitting around I figured I had to do something with it. Oh well, at least they are built up to our dream specs (ish for me.... I cant really complain about dura ace.)

& yeahhh with the bills, i overdrew it on hookah cause my friend dicked me out of the money he was supposed to throw in. i decided to just eat it because ether way it was going to happen, cant just walk out without paying. I am fortunate enough to be a college sophmore who's parents are generous enough to provide just about everything for, so I dont have much in the way of actual bills :D

& if your ever bored and have around $15 usd sitting around

heres a bike stand project that i found quite neat

http://www.instructables.com/id/S4JRWQJFI8VJJSV/

even got a quantum as the example :)

Looks great. The Klein road bikes with the proper klein headset look sooooo much better. The quantums etc with a 1" head look out of proportion imho.

John":3lc858tt said:
Looks great. The Klein road bikes with the proper klein headset look sooooo much better. The quantums etc with a 1" head look out of proportion imho.

I agree with you. Unfortunately, there aren't many good specimens left. It's almost extinct!

bwhsh8r":c4k4gftm said:
dancingjack":c4k4gftm said:
This will be my display bike at home, so it doesn't really matter if it's white or black tape As long as it is beautiful, I am happy. I'll only use this bike on special occasions only.

idk, my opinion on that differs, cant imagine the use of a bike i dont ride quite frequently :) but that paint and everything, I'm on the fence in your case. and at least youll enjoy it sometimes, i definately dont ever expect you to for example lock it up or commute with it or anything, i guess my situation is different also because I hold a part time job where its a TON of hours if you work 25 in a week. (A&F) my build is definately flashier than you'd expect on a $250~$300 usd every two weeks after tax job (i think... probably out of my realistic price range too) so I have boatloads of time that i have nothing to do except sit on my bike seat and go, you probably work a *real* (Ghasp) job, which is definitely a good reason, that or you have other steeds that fit you and ride just fine.
Im going to beat up mine, just like the klein attitude i just got. i already wrecked that one into a gully within the first week. the bike made it out fine but i was bleeding all over haha.

and YES my father warned me about building a frame up from scratch, very very expensive. if i wouldnt have got the frame and fork for next to nothing i wouldnt have considered it, but once I had the frame sitting around I figured I had to do something with it. Oh well, at least they are built up to our dream specs (ish for me.... I cant really complain about dura ace.)

& yeahhh with the bills, i overdrew it on hookah cause my friend dicked me out of the money he was supposed to throw in. i decided to just eat it because ether way it was going to happen, cant just walk out without paying. I am fortunate enough to be a college sophmore who's parents are generous enough to provide just about everything for, so I dont have much in the way of actual bills :D

Thanks for the link, mate!

I am still a student with a part time job as well. All of my allowance and part time job's salary goes into building this bike up so we are pretty much on the same boat here. I have a Kuota Khan with similar build as my work horse so this Klein will be well pampered.

But i guess the only difference is that I paid a bomb for this baby and all the other parts going onto it are also going to be crazy. I've got a Campagnolo Carbon Record 02 crank coming in as well as a pair of 08 Zero Gravity brakeset. :cool:

bwhsh8r":196ronqu said:
dancingjack":196ronqu said:

I am still a student with a part time job as well. All of my allowance and part time job's salary goes into building this bike up so we are pretty much on the same boat here. I have a Kuota Khan with similar build as my work horse so this Klein will be well pampered.

But i guess the only difference is that I paid a bomb for this baby and all the other parts going onto it are also going to be crazy. I've got a Campagnolo Carbon Record 02 crank coming in as well as a pair of 08 Zero Gravity brakeset. :cool:

dancingjack":9wc0fk77 said:

No problem, thought you might find it interesting :)

HA, thats really cool! Whole different parts of the world, same situation, similar but very distinct bikes, that's really cool, very similar but at the same time quite different, all at the same time!

I calculated my estimated total with dura ace 7800 + xtr shadow gs rd titanium seatpost new headset bearings fsa sl-k carbon cranks fsa titanium quad bearing bottom bracket, bontrager bars, and hed cx wheels to be around $1250 usd, idk if thats a good price or not, but at least the frame price made it seem cheep at first, then it was too late to turn around :LOL:

I wanted the zero g's but im too lazy to keep centering them, so Im going d-a br-7800, that and the headset bearings and titanium bolts are all thats left on mine. I even customized my seat lol.

i dislike campy for only one reason, their thumbshift deal, i prefer sti so its just me and a minor thing, but theyre superior at everything else :)

I definately like the direction your going with the 3dv purple, and you should throw in a little blue too ;)

what bars are you running?

& o almost forgot, need some ti bottlecages too.... lol

and a damn tubular tire that wont pop!~!

i think i might attempt that bike stand thing for my attitude this weekend if im boored, if i do ill let you know how it goes/what to look out for etc. hopefully ill keep all my fingers too :LOL:

theres some great deals to be had on kleins in my area, ive found two that were worth my time. learned the lesson about the frame though... not again.

p.s. i can understand why you paid dearly for it, its an amazing frame!

dirtydaniel":14n2e5xg said:
I'd go with white myself, but I just like white bar tape :cool:

Black would look fine too I think, definately don't go with pink :oops:

I think go black with bar tape, the frame colour is so nice I think keeping everything else black would help highlight the beauty of the frame.

But in saying that I have a yellow Klein with blue decals and went blue handle bar tape, so that is equivelant of you going white bar tape which matches your decals. So I guess either would work, you need to contemplate how dirty white tape is going to look.

errol":2xax4nrf said:
dirtydaniel":2xax4nrf said:
I'd go with white myself, but I just like white bar tape :cool:

Black would look fine too I think, definately don't go with pink :oops:

I think go black with bar tape, the frame colour is so nice I think keeping everything else black would help highlight the beauty of the frame.

But in saying that I have a yellow Klein with blue decals and went blue handle bar tape, so that is equivelant of you going white bar tape which matches your decals. So I guess either would work, you need to contemplate how dirty white tape is going to look.

You got my idea! ;)

But yeah, I will be going for black bar tape. Just realise I have a pair of them in my box so I really gotta make it look thick or else this SOAB will look like crap.

bwhsh8r":1mksqu14 said:
dancingjack":1mksqu14 said:

No problem, thought you might find it interesting :)

HA, thats really cool! Whole different parts of the world, same situation, similar but very distinct bikes, that's really cool, very similar but at the same time quite different, all at the same time!

I calculated my estimated total with dura ace 7800 + xtr shadow gs rd titanium seatpost new headset bearings fsa sl-k carbon cranks fsa titanium quad bearing bottom bracket, bontrager bars, and hed cx wheels to be around $1250 usd, idk if thats a good price or not, but at least the frame price made it seem cheep at first, then it was too late to turn around :LOL:

I wanted the zero g's but im too lazy to keep centering them, so Im going d-a br-7800, that and the headset bearings and titanium bolts are all thats left on mine. I even customized my seat lol.

i dislike campy for only one reason, their thumbshift deal, i prefer sti so its just me and a minor thing, but theyre superior at everything else :)

I definately like the direction your going with the 3dv purple, and you should throw in a little blue too ;)

what bars are you running?

& o almost forgot, need some ti bottlecages too.... lol

and a damn tubular tire that wont pop!~!

i think i might attempt that bike stand thing for my attitude this weekend if im boored, if i do ill let you know how it goes/what to look out for etc. hopefully ill keep all my fingers too :LOL:

theres some great deals to be had on kleins in my area, ive found two that were worth my time. learned the lesson about the frame though... not again.

p.s. i can understand why you paid dearly for it, its an amazing frame!

So how did the bike stand go along for u?

Your build is good and I saw the list on your post. Extremely nice and reliable. For the amount of money you paid, it is still pretty reasonable.

I used to be on 9 spd 105/ultegra but that was years ago. Got campy-fied and never turned away since. I guess I know what you by the thumb issue. I guess it really is up to personal preference at the end of the day.

I have a pair of KCNC CB1 brakes on my Kuota and I thought it might be a good choice ot try the Zero Gravity. But I guess it's not so good of an idea now that I know it needs quite a bit of TLC. :roll:

Those are old Zipp handlebars which I am using temporarily till the bike's all settled and till I have more spare cash. I have been going on Continental Sprinters and they have served me well till date. Maybe you can try them out!!!

dancingjack":2qa8ywrz said:
So how did the bike stand go along for u?
I have a pair of KCNC CB1 brakes on my Kuota and I thought it might be a good choice ot try the Zero Gravity. But I guess it's not so good of an idea now that I know it needs quite a bit of TLC. :roll:
I have been going on Continental Sprinters and they have served me well till date. Maybe you can try them out!!!

Ill give those a try, unless ive already flatted one (probably not, i flattened a tufo a verdestein and a vittoria? i think)

i bummed out and went with ultegra brakes cause they were half the price, figured out i was using the wrong seatpost clamp (and i think i pinched in the frame... its very hard to mvoe a seatpost) and yeah.

got any recomendations for a computer? im looking at the astrale dual wireless right now.

I havnt got to try the stand yet, im waiting for a bike first :LOL:

glad to hear that im still in alright pricerange. haa, i was beginning to doubt it!!

lol if anyone wants some seatpost clamps i have two 34.9 diamiter ones that they can have! carbon fiber and a woodman without the bolt.

i stuck the ti seatpost on my attitude for now, and it looks much better than the thudbuster it came with lol, hideous things those

also what pedals are you going to run?

Back