WTD: proflex, K2

bohngy

Dirt Disciple
proflex 856, 857, 956, 957 frames, bikes... what have you got

anything considered, I've cracked my 856's swingarm! :(

must be good condition, pics too please

as a follow up...

ooh, also wanted to say that I'm thinking about the one DaveH has posted here... wondering what else was around first?..
... medium would be ideal

Hi - I see you've found ID Riders.com/proflex already - have you asked them yet if anybody's got anything spare? I saw your thread around the broken swingarm... there is a thread around there I recall recently telling you how to get it welded - though I suppose that might cost more than a replacement frame. I'll see if I can dig out the thread.

I think I want to keep hold of all of mine for the time being - sorry... but they do come up on Ebay quite often. Frames usually £50-80 for the 855/856/857), depending on condition etc.

good luck anyway

here's the text of the thread:

blunty
Novice

# 704

View Profile | | Instant Message

855 Swing Arm
« Reply #67 on: Mar 22nd, 2007, 9:38pm » Quote | Modify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,

New to the forum so forgive any mistakes!

I'm in the process of re-doing my 855. During this process I noticed that I had a crack in the pivot point clamp on the alu swing arm. I have got as far as a 2007 LX group set, girvin expert forks, spin tri-spoke wheels and am looking at a risse rear shock upgrade. However this crack has brought a halt to the whole thing.

If anyone has a swing arm that will fit an 855 or a complete frame set if you don't want to seperate I would love to hear as I don't want to give up on this bike!

Here's hoping, thanks.
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2007, 9:50pm by blunty » Logged

shovelon
Guru

# 279

Down there? DOWN THERE!???

View Profile | | Instant Message

Re: 855 Swing Arm
« Reply #68 on: Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:03pm » Quote | Modify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on Mar 22nd, 2007, 9:38pm, blunty wrote:Hi All,

New to the forum so forgive any mistakes!

I'm in the process of re-doing my 855. During this process I noticed that I had a crack in the pivot point clamp on the alu swing arm. I have got as far as a 2007 LX group set, girvin expert forks, spin tri-spoke wheels and am looking at a risse rear shock upgrade. However this crack has brought a halt to the whole thing.

If anyone has a swing arm that will fit an 855 or a complete frame set if you don't want to seperate I would love to hear as I don't want to give up on this bike!

Here's hoping, thanks.

Ask around for a competant welder. He (or she) can groove, cold weld with 5356 filler and let sit for a week.

You could have a sleeve mandrel turned to fit inside the hole as a backing, then the welder can weld against it. Drive it out and presto, let it sit for a week.

Terry

you seen JeffHops?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9461

frameandforks.jpg

Yes I contacted Jeff, and was in the process of making him an offer, now he's disappeared! I've emailed him twice!
this isn't going well!! :(

he was around earlier today - was tempted myself, but frame too small really. Let me know how you get on...

have you PM'd him or emailed him - I have his actual email address if you'd like it

Kev - I've got a leaky NR-2 - you can have it for free. Will need a service though.... it's like a pogo at the moment (all spring no damping!!).

Back