Parkpre Team 925 1994 - updated

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
This has been featured before. The frame has since had a complete strip and polish and many of the parts have been replaced since it was first built. It rides really fast, infact I am faster on this than I am on a geared hardtail.

ss-1.jpg

The Spec sheet:

Frame - 1994 Parkpre Team 925 19" - Tange Ultimate Ultralight MTB
Fork - Spinner triple butted CRMO
Headset - M:part Pro
Stem - Tioga
Handlebar - Azonic double wall
Bar Ends - Outland
Grips - Onza Ules
Brakes - Avid single digit 7
Cassette - 17T On One Groove Armarda
Chain - KMC singlespeed
Cranks - RPM El Toro
Chainrings - 32T Surly Stainless Steel / steel chainring bolts
Bottom Bracket - FSA Powerdrive
Quick Releases - XTR
Rims - Mavic X217
Hubs - rear: XTR, front: Shocktech
Tyres - Michelin XC Dry2
Saddle - SDG Bel Air
Seatpost - Tioga
Weight - 20 lb 6 oz

ss-2.jpg

ss-3.jpg

ss-4.jpg

ss-5.jpg

ss-7.jpg

you hit the magic ratio :cool: looks very nice

i'm hoping to do the same with mine when the 18T freewheel arrives.

Stunning mate looks great well done. However the chain looks a wee bit slack has it stretched a bit or is it just on?

I did run a chain tensioner for a while. Without it the chain cannot be pulled off the sprockets at either end. I have not had the chain come off yet plus it looks and sounds much better without one.

That's cool just watch the slack (chains can stretch over time) and it's when you're really putting the hammer down that it will slip or ship and your nadds are always the ones to suffer :shock:

Ss rocks.

I did run a half-link chain for a while. Looked cool but stretched alarmingly :shock:

Yeah they are pretty crap, got one myself and have had to take a few links out over the last 6 months. Read somewhere that the crank should spin backwards about 1 and a half times when the chain is the right tension mind you even with sliding dropouts and tugg nutts I still lost my chain going downhill at glentress last week. Sweet frame anyway and a top avatar also :cool:

That look's ace :cool: , very clean without the tensioner, look's uncanily like my E3, which i've just de-stickered and re-polished, think the weight is in the same ball park too.

parkpre pro 825 for sale

parkpre pro 825 17 inch for sale .
Forgive me, I'am new at using forums
fantastic bike , Mag 21s ,pulsar hubs ,not sure what year, I'll take pics if anyone interested and more detail if required. cheers

Latest posts

Back