The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

Nice one Mark. Work out a date and I will drum up the NE lads, MJN etc. Saturdays usually work best for us. Should be good fun, the joint NE/ MacRetro rides usually have lots of amusing pre ride banter. Give them a shout and invite them down.

Si

I'd be up for that- the macretro lads are all going cyclo-cross in the winter :shock: so some old school xc bog hopping would be cool.

clockworkgazz":3v63k25f said:
I'd be up for that- the macretro lads are all going cyclo-cross in the winter :shock: so some old school xc bog hopping would be cool.
You'll be very welcome. I'll put some serious thought and planning into it over the next few weeks and post up a thread when happy with where things are going.

I bought a pocket book last week full of routes in the Lakes and Howgills from around 87-88. It was early days for MTB in the UK and there are lots of shots of blokes with tashes and tight rugby shorts carrying 23" Muddy Fox Couriers up above the clouds. I can post it out for you Mark if you want to re-run one of those pioneering classic killer routes.

Dr S":369zckin said:
pioneering classic killer routes.
I've seen your 'pioneering classic killer routes' before Si :shock: . Thinking of a route recce this Saturday from Settle to Mallam, it's from the 'What Mountain Bike' magazine CD-Rom you got in this months issue. Looks fantastic, anyone fancy joining the recce?

sinnett177":1uuzoqie said:
Dr S":1uuzoqie said:
pioneering classic killer routes.
I've seen your 'pioneering classic killer routes' before Si :shock: . Thinking of a route recce this Saturday from Settle to Mallam, it's from the 'What Mountain Bike' magazine CD-Rom you got in this months issue. Looks fantastic, anyone fancy joining the recce?

and was that 'pioneering classic killer route' not the best goddam ride of the year?

;)

I'd be up for Llandegla - an old haunting place of mine before it was turned into a trail centre. Used to right out across horseshoe pass across the moors.

I can even drag the other half.

So Roll call for Llandegla :
Sidewinder
Sinnett 177
drystonepaul - (with spare frame for Sidewinder)

Back