Three Peaks Cyclocross 27th September 2009

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Anyone around for this www.3peakscyclocross.org.uk ? Timing is not great as it's the day after Mr K's Peaks Ride (thoroughly recommended if previous years are anything to go by).

Have entered again this year after last years disaster of 'no show' (so will probably be repaid with awful weather) so if anyone is local and fancies meeting up even if only to point and laugh that would be good. Aiming to arrive Saturday 26th afternoon and leave Monday 28th afternoon.

Good luck Ed, I'll be at the Peaks Saturday and Sunday, but if you fancy a warm down Monday morning I would be up for a lap of the Settle loop.

sinnett177":3hvb4c59 said:
Good luck Ed, I'll be at the Peaks Saturday and Sunday, but if you fancy a warm down Monday morning I would be up for a lap of the Settle loop.

That would be great although I have my little wife with me so a walk will probably be in order but you're more than welcome to come along.

ededwards":340ie58t said:
sinnett177":340ie58t said:

That would be great although I have my little wife with me so a walk will probably be in order but you're more than welcome to come along.
I'll pass on the walk Ed, but thanks for the invite. I'll look to put a RB ride together in the area for next year (maybe Settle to Mallam), so we can all enjoy the great riding the area offers.

Once again best of luck for Sunday.

sinnett177":3tng8psi said:
ededwards":3tng8psi said:
sinnett177":3tng8psi said:

I'll pass on the walk Ed, but thanks for the invite. I'll look to put a RB ride together in the area for next year (maybe Settle to Mallam), so we can all enjoy the great riding the area offers.

Once again best of luck for Sunday.

No problem at all, I'll be in touch if miraculously I get a pass on Monday but very, very unlikely.

Oh, and suspect I'll need a lot more than luck.....

Well done Ed.....finishing this event is a serious undertaking, my mate who has rode this for 10 years got a DNF this year :!:

neilll":1ic05x0n said:
Well done Ed.....finishing this event is a serious undertaking, my mate who has rode this for 10 years got a DNF this year :!:

Thanks mate, to be honest my sole focus was on getting to the Pen-y-Ghent turn without breaking myself, the bike or missing the cutoff. Managed that so all gravy from there.

Conditions were nicely warm although we had to carry a waterproof as the summits of Ingleborough and Pen-y-Ghent were well up in the cloud so no views like I've seen from last year. Hopefully there is no photographic evidence of my downhill cowardice although it's beyond me how you can ride greasy slabs with regular rim wrecking drainage channels on Open Pros, cantis and drops. Ability I guess.

Back