TOPLINE SPACERS

SLIM

BoTM Winner
just recieved the cranks....
then realised i need the spacers for the small ring !!
anyone got some they are willing to part with , or if anyone can measure them , i can get some made up . not a problem .
thanks

I have what I think is a set, found them whilst I was looking for something else. I'll check this evening at let you know. If they are, they came from Garlands Cycles in Bristol only a few months ago - they had a bunch.

cheers simon , if you can , top man !!
scant if simon got em i will get some made up off the originals
even one would do so i can , work off it .

bit too far away for me , especially as my wife just parked the car in a ditch , on the way to work .
dont you just love the snow !!!
and i will probarbly be working either fri / sat night :cry:

tip = never work for a supermarket ... weekends and christmas suck

while on the subject...
just tried the cranks on a 107 mm BB and the rings are touching the frame ( the large ring )
how do i work out what length i need ?????
it need at least another 10 mm ,
and thats without the small ring and spacers on !!!

working out the exact correct length you need is a black art.. or multiple b.brackets.
that said topline, cqp, grafton, sims (which are all pretty much the same thing!) cook bros RSRs, CBRs, old pre 91 XT & suntour all require longer BBs. 125-127mm not being unusual. heck, I've got a NOS 135mm mavic BB stashed away :)

107-110 BBs werent really common until M900 XTR in 92. This is partially when bridgestones grant peterson coined Q factor as the distance between the crank arms... & thru the wonders of marketing BS, Q factor myth somehow became Q factor fact that shimano quickly adopted.

weird side note. old frischnect has custom made BB shells, BB axle, even shorter pedal spindles to make for ultra narrow crank assembly... & you cant really argu with his racing credentials :)

so if i go with 125 ish should be ok?
kinda what i was thinking " go for the longest "
cheers scant

Back