show us your cross bikes

Not retro, but a little rare - it's the own brand of UK LBS that specializes in cross, Paul Milne. It's Campagnolo on a 7005 frame that makes a nonsense of the "aluminum is harsh" cliche. Very fast and very comfortable - and the prettiest bike I've owned.

crosser05s.jpg

crosser03s.jpg

crosser04s.jpg

crosser06s.jpg

PurpleFrog":1b67l11c said:
Not retro, but a little rare - it's the own brand of UK LBS that specializes in cross, Paul Milne. It's Campagnolo on a 7005 frame that makes a nonsense of the "aluminum is harsh" cliche. Very fast and very comfortable - and the prettiest bike I've owned

I know Paul Milnes shop very well, as they sponsor 'Bradford Olympic' - a very 'cross orientated' Club

I also (a long time ago) bought a 653 cross-bike from there, which the subsequent owner severely shortened during a 'Three Peaks Cross'

velocitizen":2589ca56 said:
Here's mine, a gift from spudgun on here, used every day at present as a commuter, 531 Frame/forks, Shimano 600 mostly.
3068203298_6a7990af29.jpg

I like it! :)

3220813999_d4bcf5dc02_o.jpg

my favorite bike i own. i designed the geometry, and it was handbuilt for me by a friend less than a quarter mile from my house. fillet brazed with a mix of columbus zona and spirit. never painted, always abused.

sure. the frame is 56.5 cm square with a 74 degree st angle and 73 ht. i requested top tube routing with full housing to the rear derailleur down the chainstay. There are no provisions for a front derailleur. it was made by a good friend of mine about a year and a half ago. hes been building bikes for 14 years but just as a hobby. the fork is a wound up fork, which i like a lot, its very stiff and strong, and has good mud clearance.

I hand built the wheels with pewter anodized chris king cross hubs laced 3x with dt swiss double butted spokes to ceramic open pros (durable and extra braking power, woo!). There is a WTB Interwolf (700x3:cool: tire on the front, and a WTB Crosswolf (700x32) on the rear.

The shifters are campy record 9 speed running through a jtek shiftmate to an XTR shadow derailleur. The cassette is XT 11-32. The front ring is a 46t TA ring on an FSA SLK Carbon crank with a bash guard from cyclocrossworld.com. There is an ngear jump start chain keeper to keep the ring from falling to the inside.

The front brake is a paul components neo retro, and the rear is a touring canti, also from paul. I got the moon units on there too, because they're neat. I have paul cross levers on there, too. The bars are deda newton shallow, and the stem is a deda newton as well. The post is a thomson elite, and the saddle is a ti railed rolls. The only change I've made since this photo is I redid all the housing with Yokozuna Reaction cables, which I highly recommend as an inexpensive upgrade to any bike.

The bottle cage is by Nitto, and the pedals are Time Atac XS.

I think that covers everything.

Back