S-Works Hardtail 1998

Stally

Retrobike Rider
This is my ride everything bike.

Ive owned it for over 10 years now and its comfty like an old pair of jeans.

I know some of the components aren't top notch and there are a few marks on things, this bike gets ridden hard and it loves it.
If it ain't broke don't fix it is my moto It gets lots of loving with regular services

Mybike.jpg

_MG_9043.jpg

_MG_9030.jpg

_MG_9031.jpg

_MG_9034.jpg

_MG_9036.jpg

_MG_9037.jpg

_MG_9038.jpg

_MG_9046.jpg

_MG_9051.jpg

I like this pic of my bike, just a shame I only had my iPhone camera on me
2-3oftheBombersquad.jpg

Looks nice!

I'm sure JMC would have had his setup similar around the same time.

I have a Mango one which is the same size and love it. Great for blasting around and can get up hills I see pro looking road cyclists struggle up.

I quite like the look of the Mango, its a nice colour.

Yeah, considering it has a short stem, only 8 gears and its far to small for me it climbs very well, its quite hilly where I live and I manage to get up most of the big hills.
The bike is often caught teaching full sus riders how it done on the down sections
:cool:

If I had to mod the bike I would get an Azonic stem to replace the Trans-X copy one and new shifter and mech, something from the same year XT maybe.

But as its working fine at the moment. Although I sometimes catch the pivot pin on the rear mech trying to escape

Sweet. One bike I would really like and yours looks as i'd have mine set up. Looks like you use it a lot too, good work.

I have an Azonic 75mm stem on mine and 2.5" Azonics.

I have V8s on mine and hate them. I'm looking to get the MRP 1x guide sometime. I'll post a topic sometime soon.

Cheers guys

At the moment it see's 2-3 rides a week. I'm not looking forward to the winter, I don't cope well if I dont get exercise.

It cleans up quite nice, just I had my camera out after a ride.

I have a new build that I'm working on at the moment, a few weeks ago I bought a 2003 Intense Tracer and today some Marzocchi MCR's have turned up, any guesses on what I'm doing tonight :)

Emoco what dont you like about the V8's?
When I got the bike it came with a set of the GT pedals that look just like the V8's, Think I've still got them somewhere?

I just find the V8s small. I like Wellgo MG1s and pedals a bit wider.

I think I could make a really good 4X bike with this frame. It's so snappy, I don't see there being much different to modern 4x frames apart from a longer top tube maybe.

Back