manitou forks

jim m

Devout Dirtbag
Firstly, hello everyone, I've just joined the site.

i've been offered a set of manitou forks (see attached), but i'm not sure what sort of price to offer. The seller reckons that they are the first run of them, but neither of us knows enough about them. They look to be in a structurally good condition. Can anyone help?

cheers, jim

ah - attachment too big - i'll try to sort this out

jim m":3ckaou02 said:
...(see attached)...
:?:

If they are grey they might be a Manitou I. If the condition is good to very good the price might be between 50 to 70...

Cheers

thanks, They are the grey ones with manitou down each leg and answer horizontally across the bottom, a silver brake hanger and v-studs, and black bushings.

cheers, Jim

Is there any colour on the stanchions? They all had black bushings and silver canti bridge. Just plain grey means its a Manitou 1, purple details with grey logo is a Manitou 2, blue details with grey logo is a Manitou 3 and blue logo and blue details is a Manitou 4.

Maybe you can make the attachment smaller to be sure? Can't be more difficult than posting on a forum?

What is the diametre (1" , 1 1/8" or 1 1/4") and length of the steerer tube? I might be interested as well? Do you have a picture?

Cheers and so long from Munich,
Chris

Hi there,

Seller getting back to me with details - I think 1" though. Send me your email address and I'll post a pic.

cheers, Jim

Back