Work bikes

tuercas":gsrlttyb said:
Here´s my Bianchi, in a place called Tizayuca, Hidalgo, just north of Mexico City. Strangely enough, you can buy pasties in the town, they were bought over by Cornish miners about 120 years ago.

excellent location for a picture and well executed shot. :D

;]

My girlfriends Kona commuter. Now has shorter stem and a silver syncros post
She has ridden it off road and wasn't impressed by rigid :LOL:

3143561428_71866dc0ba_b.jpg

Here's one that has definitely seen better days. It was an Overburys Pathfinder I believe (I keep meaning to check with Overburys using the frame number) but has been through numerous changes / revisions with its various owners. I originally bought this bike third hand in the late eighties, resprayed it in multi-coloured dayglo paint, and did my first Cheddar Challenge and a few other local races on it. It then went to my brother who "urbanised" it so it was of no interest to the light-fingered scum who hang around bike parks. When he emigrated I inherited it back and now use it for my daily three mile commute. Depite the monster frame size it is still a fun ride, enough so for my teenage children to keep borrowing it for local rides. It is, however, in serious need of rebuilding as it is still on its original rims, chainset and derailleur, all of which are now decidedly worn. Hopefully that will happen over the winter and I will then post better pictures as it improves.

Attachments

• over1.JPG
    over1.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 4,537
Helo

because in my country we say, that the red bikes are faster - i've built one to ride the city and to survive frozzy winter:

DSCF4433.JPG

Copy%20of%20DSCF4434.jpg

now she looks different - with black FSA Orbit headset, blue Profile bar-ends, golden mag21, silver Mrin Lite handlebar, black M560 RD, and silver-black M560 FD, DX+Wolber titanium anodized rims and a grey atac pd.

also looking for blue set of canti+levers (found one, but hesitating if they will work properly;) also a setpost without offset would be nice to get - but 26,4-26,4mm is hard to)

cheers

Hello All,

Here are some pics and details of my commuter freshly serviced for the winter. It's bit of a lash up built with mancave sweepings and salvaged bits with the exception of casette, chainrings, chain and brake blocks. It's my main form of transport so I do like to keep it mechanicaly sound, currently does 5000+ miles a year on the daily commute. The ride is brilliant and always sees me arrive at work with a smile on my chops no matter how cold, wet, snowy, icy or muddy it is.

It's wearing its winter lighting array at the mo as my ride to work takes in a lot of bridle paths and unlit country lanes. Up front we have 4 Tesco/Cree LED torches to turn night in to day, a little blinky light for blinking and a BS approved Cateye in case I get knocked off so they can't try claiming I didn't have a BS approved headlight. At the back we have 2 BS approved LED lights and a very bright blinky one.

Frame: Saracen something or other, Tange DB tubing. No rear canti cable stop so I use a KF Outdoor front fork uphanger bolted to the seat stay bridge.

Fork: No idea but I'd love to find another as it is lovely.

Headset: FSA roller bearing with Ritchey canti cable hanger
Stem: Controltech
Handlebar: GT steel
Grips: PRO

Brakes: Tekto Oryx (Courtesy of Chris667)
Brake Pads: Koolstop Eagleii
Brake Cables: Workshop remnants
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Shimano XT M733

Shifters: Shimano Deore 7+1 thumbies
Front Derailleur: Shimano LX
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore
Derailleur Cables: Workshop remnants
Cassette: Shimano HG 11-32 8 Speed
Chain: Wipperman 808
Cranks: Shimano Exage 300LX
Crank Bolts: Shimano LX
Chainrings: Campagnolo 48&34T
Chainring bolts: Workshop sweepings
Bottom Bracket:Shimano UN54
Pedals:Shimano M505

Hub Skewers:Shimano XT
Rims:Rigida DP-22
Hubs:Shimano XT M737
Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon Plus - Most puncture resistant tyres I've ever used

Saddle:Brooks B17narrow
Seatpost:Dunno, has a coke can shim as it doesn't quite fit.
Seatpost Binder: Halfords 2.99 jobbie

Mudguards: Halfords, these are very good, stronger and cheaper than SKS
Rack: Altura
Head badge: Zak whatsit, sticker courtesy of Wutangled.

Attachments

• Commuteri.JPG
    Commuteri.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 3,986
  • Commuterii.JPG
    Commuterii.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 3,986
tuercas":3g0yqbqt said:
That velocake is very nicely built up, looks like it has a lot of candlepower!

Candlepower, cake, I like it! :LOL:

It's just over 500 lumens, no idea what that is in candelpower, foot candles, candella or lux. It's bright enough to get me home which is the main thing.

Back