The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Steve, welcome! Guess you have ridden around Sutton Park a bit then. Been a couple of times for a blast.
Sure there will be another local ride soon if your interested :D

Yeah, I live next to the park so I'm in there a lot. It would be good to meet up with you guys. I'll keep my eye on the meets section so when the next one comes up round here I'm in!

Kneedowndean":bcksw0cb said:
Its also helped me spend lots more money! Steve

Hi Steve, thanks again for the Vectors and look forward to catching up at the next Midlands ride.

Hi Everyone,

GREAT SITE

My name is Jamie (bounty 69) and this site has got me 110% HOOKED...

I started mountain biking in 98 and by the time i was in my late teens i was appreciating all that was, trick bits, Missy, Yeti, Tomac, Malvern Classics and of course the late great JMC.

I used to ride every weekend on Cannock Chase from 91-95 when i went to Oz, travelling for a few years. Then got into the whole DH scene where i still ride today.

The best years of my life and not just my biking life were those early days on the Chase where trails were proper 'find your own trails' and each week we tried to 'out do' each other with new trick parts etc.

Those are the times that have inspired me to start retro building, to build the bikes that i used to drool over back then as we just could not afford them.

Anyway i agree with building to ride them but i am guilty of being 85% complete on an 1998 Shaun Palmer replica Specialized FSR DH. 95% of the parts are brand new so far and is nearly finished. This bike will i am afraid be just 'eye candy' but then onto my next project which i will be riding.

I have got hold of a 1993 Fat Yo eddy who belonged to an old mate of mine that i used to ride with on the Chase all those years ago, He doesn't ride anymore an has given it to me as he like the idea of it going to a good home!!! It makes it even better that the frame and i have 'history', cant wait...

i will keep everyone posted with its progress

Lots of you probably know me from fat cogs and mtbr.

Been riding since 87 owned a few bikes in that time.
88 rockhopper (gone but still used by a friend)
91 Cannondale SM1000 (I didn't break it but the guy I sold it to did)

I still have

95 Nuke Proof Ti Race bike (my #1 for 12 years now. So bling it hurts)
94 Fat Chance Buck Shaver (my singlespeed, bought NOS in 2005)
93 Fat Chance Buck Shaver XS (current project)

Happy Trails to you all
Eli

Wow didnt know it was so international on here!
My names matt
Im 32 been riding mtbs since i was small. Only really had some dire bikes like emmelles but got bitten by the MTB bug when i got a Raleigh Mustang the SIS version! Miss it and looking for another currently.
Snapped it though got a raleigh maveric(light blue or white n yellow cant quite remember) instead.

Saved up and got the alpinestars i have today.
On its second frame and third set of forks!!!Pace rc30s
Anyways its being broken up now making room for some of my other old favourites!
Claim to fame is having my work worn by steve pete( i think) on the front cover of MBUK.
anyways howdee!

to introduce myself, i dont really own anything you guys would consider retro to be honest, im building up a 1998 kona fire mountain with some classic and some modern renowned parts as an xc do anything bike. I build and service alot of marzocchis so if you need any tips or servicing help then just message me. Generally i ride a dmr for dirt jumping and street riding, a ridgeback genesis for day to day riding.

Current kona project is coming together with some z2 x-flys, low rise ea70's, bonty stem. avid sd7's. middleburn rs7's.

Planning for red chainrings with blue hope mono and superlight front hub on xc717's. Il post pictures in a few weeks when its finally rolling.

Any reviews on panaracer fire xc pro 1.8 tyres for summer xc riding?

Hi all

cool site...

my first bike was a GT Zaskar "Mint Sauce" back in '93 or was it '94??

No suspension.. the way it should be!! :LOL:

Sold it to pay the rent one time... sad but true, now looking for a lovely Klein that I can caress, I might even ride it one day...

;)

Hi all

Started Mtbing in 1990 on a Dawes Kickback which I soon Traded in for a 1991 Marin Eldridge Grade ( Worst Bike I ever Owned).

Then I progressed onto a handfull of Specialized Stumpjumper's including a 1993 M2 (which was the second worst bike I ever owned ) plus a steel s-works which was a very nice bike (had nuke proof ti hubs on it ).

Last bike I bought is my current machine a 1999 Kona explosive which I love.

Would like to own a 1990 18.5" Rocky Mountain Blizzard and a 1990 18" Specialized Rockhopper Comp in blue ( which was the bike I should of bought instead of that pile of crap Marin Eldridge Grade)

Im So glad I found this site its fueled my love of Mountain bikes and biking to a new/old Retro level. :LOL:

Kona-853

Oh Yeah anyone got a picture of a Rocky Mountain steel Vertex must of been 1991 or 1992 model

Hi there,

I am a biker from the Netherlands.

My first bike was a black Mongoose Newport steel bike.
It was a cheap bike and added a Syncros stem and a straight steel fork.

Second bike was a Mongoose Iboc Team bike (aluminum, with a triangle shaped top tube and an Yeti style rear fork. Equipped with Syncros parts and a Onza headset.

Third bike was a very rare Mongoose iboc Signature.
A bike build by Merlin, for Mongoose. The rear end was steel and the rest of the frame was 3AL/2.5V titanium. A really nice bike, but to big for me.

The 4th bike was a Gazelle titanium, i still have the frame.

Now i have a Merlin XLM (2005) equipped with:

-Syncros Revolution cranks
-Syncros Pro series titanium bb
-Crank Brothers 3ti Eggbeaters
-Pace RC-31ti custom forks
-Chris King headset
-Nuke Proof carbon front hub/DT spokes/Mavic rims
-Chris King rear hub/Scapim spokes/Mavic rims
-Roox titanium stem
-McMahon titanium bars
-Tune bar-ends
-Nokon cables
-Suntour XC-Pro tumb shifters 8-speed
-Dean titanium seatpost
-SLR titanium seat
-King titanium cage
-Oury grips
-The rest are XTR parts
-Allmost all titanium bolts

My next project is a Slingshot MT3 (1993).
I allready have the frame and most of the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back