Mr K's Day in the Peaks 26th September **AFTERMATH**

wish I'd ridden this instead:

pd1038078.jpg

A few highlights for me:

> LGF bailing on me Friday night, and then promptly agreeing to still come seconds later!
> Getting an initial warm reception from Judith at the Woodbine B&B
> Getting 'Wow!' comments from the guys in our car park when the Nishiki and GT came out the boot
> Seeing new faces at the pre-ride MrK photo shoot
> The friendly banter on the way round
> The weather
> LGF giving the ride a shot. Hats off to him, he was a mess and spent the rest of the day in bed
> orange71 owning the hill climb and pipping P20 the 'Hillclimb Crown' by a tyres width
> Lunchtime tales with DrS
> The step descent down to the river crossing and a dozen horses!
> A cool welcome pint and the finish
> Heathy in the pub......nuff said ;)
> Evening banter with the boyz and Wu-Tangled's paparazi tales
> Heathy's 5.30am alarm call :shock: :x
> Judith's not so warm welcome to Heathy at breakfast :LOL:

Wicked weekend all round, roll on the Christmas Cracker ride now ;)

Now where are the other photos guys!

sinnett177":3md2rjxd said:
Pickle":3md2rjxd said:
:D Did she catch him?

Ohh, if looks could kill! :LOL:

We didnt try to hide it, because at the end of the day there was room for him. We all just sat down to a nice fry up, mentioned there was now 3 in our party and she exploded with 'my insurance, my insurance, you didnt say!' comments......dear oh dear she was not impressed! Still, I suppose I could have got her up at 12.30am and told her he was staying :LOL:

Pickle":2f4jtqid said:
sinnett177":2f4jtqid said:
Pickle":2f4jtqid said:
:D Did she catch him?

Ohh, if looks could kill! :LOL:

We didnt try to hide it, because at the end of the day there was room for him. We all just sat down to a nice fry up, mentioned there was now 3 in our party
" Morning Treacle ;) "

OK - I was in a foul mood by the time I got home. I was bitterly, bitterly disapointed at not completing the ride. :evil:

Just some random thoughts on the day.

1. my bike drew looks of panic and alarm from members of the public and Retrobike members alike.

2. 'The Guv'nor' is much smaller in real life, no, really. He looks taller in his forum posts.

3. Heathy has far too much energy for one man

4. There were some damn fine bikes there

5. I needed a longer stem

6. Mr.K has that 'I've seen things...' look about him

7. It was a hell of a lot drier than I expected - just by shear chance, the 15 year old set of Wolber knobbly tires I had found you-know-where were spot on.

8. Zelda wasnt that scary

9. Thank god for a decent shower and forsight to bring extra..... :oops:

10. 'This door must be kept locked at all times'

11. 'Drops? here??'

12. My bike handled bloody amazing - just a shame I didnt.

13. Pickle's Drum & no Bass on the way home

14. ate like a horse at breakfast ( found hallucinating in the back garden at 3am)

I had to give up after cramping up big time twice and my BPM matching one of Heathy's/Pickles drum and bass tunes. My body refused to give me any more - couldnt even keep up with Mr.K on a short slow run back to Hope.

When I got woken up (after 3 hours shivering) for the post ride beer, I managed a Guiness but for some reason there was a 5 metre exclusion zone around this pasty white snotty / sneezing gibbering wreck.

I'm already looking forward to next year. I will do it again, on drops, just to make sure.

Thanks Mr.K and all for waiting for me... :oops:

:) :) :)

well what a great day - really sorry I couldn't stay longer but was really tired :oops:

my photos only mirror those already taken really... but there were plenty of snappers on the day and hopefully some youtube footage?

Back