Mountain Goat WhiskeyTown Racer

aside from the stem, it's beautiful; great job on the fork.

I could imagine people would be all over you for the MG stem; I'm interested if it gets passed on by the others.

I not sure what to do with the stem. The one that is on fits well and is spot on for reach. I'm going to ride the bike at the weekend and if I get on well with it I'm going to talk to Rody and see about having a custom stem made. There is a one piece stem/bar on his website that is a homage to the MG Delux stem which looks sweet. Its down to waiting lists I guess but on the other hand getting the rest of the Mavic parts is going to be a long journey.

Watch this space!

Fantastic Dr S. ;)

Love the splatter paint job, colour matched stem and fork, for that authentic Mountain Goat look.

Does it need some Whiskey Town decals now? :D

What a great frame set !!!

...and the plans are even greater. I'm looking forward to see the Mavic update. I used to paddle around with the Mavic cranks before I swithced to micro drive. They are realy fantastic in design. They look much more dedicated than Shimano's and the Q-factor is unbelievebly low.. Pic's please... :p

Dr S":3010dw2t said:
I not sure what to do with the stem. The one that is on fits well and is spot on for reach. I'm going to ride the bike at the weekend and if I get on well with it I'm going to talk to Rody and see about having a custom stem made. There is a one piece stem/bar on his website that is a homage to the MG Delux stem which looks sweet. Its down to waiting lists I guess but on the other hand getting the rest of the Mavic parts is going to be a long journey.

Watch this space!

cool :cool:

Still not got around to riding it yet. I chose the Yo Eddy for the epic Peaks ride and took my modern bike with discs out last night as it was raining. Will try and get out on Friday morning but I'm sure is going to be the baws (as they say in MacRetroland :LOL: )

Back