what did you see when away?

gump

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Popped down to Devon for a couple of days over easter (no time for riding :cry: ), but while walking down the main street, saw a couple of Bonties chained together, a privateer and an OR, clearly being used regularly with a mix of parts. Quite refreshing from the hardcore jump bikes usually seen. Unloved, but used.

Anyway, few minutes later saw an old early 90's Daimond Back - Ascent I think it was - that had the full on purply smoke effect paintwork. I used to love the finish on those, but not seen any around for years. Made my day :)

Anyone else spot anything?

Note I also saw a purply/pink Raleigh Mustang, but this didn't make my day

I managed three rides last weekend - Fri, Sat, Sun and my wife even asked me on Monday morning if i was going out again! Big brownie points for declining her offer and taking the kids to the farm instead :LOL:

I met another guy on one of my favourite routes on an early 90's Specialized M2 with RC35's! Had a quick chat - i mentioned the site and then we went our separate ways.

OT - have Great Danes suddenly become a trendy dog to own? Saw loads of them!

while out this bank holiday weekend trashing the thames tow path i saw someone on a 1996 GT LTS which upset me as it was 2 years older than the one i was riding and i felt i was less retro.

also saw somone on a cool old dave yates.

Thing is my riding kept being interupted by people on their new fangled rides stopping me to chat about my "out of the ark" bike as one yoot put it , i mean , since when has a 1998 bike been "out of the ark" its only recently become retro!, so i had to go on to explain the merits of the bike and the reasons it was better than the 40lb downhill bike they were riding.

oh , the youth of today!

Educate i did , that will teach them !

They were pretty amazed that you could get a bike with 5 -6 inches of travel front and rear in at 30lb. they liked it more until i told them the age , then they went all downhill on me!

I just cant see how peeps are prepared to try and pedal 40lb + bikes about if there not pointing them downhill , i think its a fashon thing , having a bike that looks the part , but there are not much downhill sections on the Thames as far as i know!

Back