1990 Kona Explosif

bedraggled

Senior Retro Guru
I wasn't going to post pictures until I got some Suntour pedals and Kona grips but the saddle arrived this morning and I couldn't resist.

By the time I manage to get pedals and grips it probably won't be clean any more.

Except for the pedals and grips the spec is the same as here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=12076

Attachments

• Kona5s.jpg
    Kona5s.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 2,893
  • Kona3s.jpg
    Kona3s.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 2,590
  • Kona2s.jpg
    Kona2s.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 2,595
  • Kona1s.jpg
    Kona1s.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 2,597
Lovely.

Where did you find something in that sort of condition, looks amazing.

Track Two forks and Maximum and Reaction tyres. mmmmm

Wow :shock:

That is pristine :cool: I cant belive the condition, Im sure you will keep it that way but it will be a quick bike, My 1990 Cindercone is my fav retro steed that gets dirty very often , it rides like nothing else I own and is bullet proof.

Great Catch there and one to keep for future.

Thanks for the positive comments.

When I first got it I went for a quick spin but this afternoon I went for the first run without 20 years of grime on the drive train and it's completely transformed it, plus the brakes work better now :D

One change I will be making though is the tyres, I've only done about 10 miles and had both a front and rear puncture.

The current tyres and tubes are also heavy, I reckon the replacements will save about a pound in weight, I'm not a mega weight-weenie but one area I do like saving weight is wheels/tyres.

An old mate had one of these bitd his parents were loaded he trashed it! just used to drop it when he got off it :x Yours has clearly been looked after VERY nice :cool:

Back