Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Thank you!

It's a bitsa, but then originality holds little excitement for me. As long as looks neat and tidy and rides and fits well, that'll do. And I don't have the patience to track down parts - at my age could be dead before I finish anything!

kaya":334250pp said:
Oldave that will look very nice with the new forks on ;)

My thinking precisely! And the reflective stickers are coming off - a boring task, so just one or two a day!

Gonzalez: :( but true!

Just wondering, who else did Saracen build frames for?

I have a Halfords Carerra Quattro E-stay. It's a beautiful frame, Reynolds Magnum 531 tubing, Frame built in England looks like a Saracen and has Saracen engraved on the drop outs so to my mind, it's a Saracen. Any other stuff out there that's just rebadged?

i believe in fixies":37me2672 said:
Just wondering, who else did Saracen build frames for?

I have a Halfords Carerra Quattro E-stay. It's a beautiful frame, Reynolds Magnum 531 tubing, Frame built in England looks like a Saracen and has Saracen engraved on the drop outs so to my mind, it's a Saracen. Any other stuff out there that's just rebadged?

And I should be taking possession of one of these within the next 24hrs :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Will advise progressssssss.............

B~gger :evil: Just added to the Saracen thread again instead of the Orange one - must rectify that :shock:

Knowing how this thread is the epitome of good taste, and recognises the retro classic status of The Blue Tufftrax, I thought I'd fly my kite here first in case there are any moderately tall people who wish to revisit a bike of their youth.

I have a 22" (centre to centre) 89 Tufftrax frameset surplus to my requirements, that I am keen to find a home for. It would come with a headset and original seatpost, and I have other bits too- read on...

I bought the whole bike for £60 so would hope to get a proportion of that for the frameset etc. I am also on the lookout for a pair of reasonably good wheels so am open to negotiation.

I haven't got round to giving the frame and forks a good clean yet, so they can look better than in the pictures hopefully. In particular, the chainstays have lots of marks that look like rust- now some of it IS rust, but the vast majority is actually sticky residue from parcel tape holding the mech when it was posted to me, and from some tape stuff to protect the chain side chainstay- they are actually fairly pristine. The frame is 22" centre to centre, and I've taken the BB out, but lack the tools to remove the plate that is shown. The handlebars are currently deployed on my Pahoehoe, but happy to swap for other black straight(ish) bars.

Pictures are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/therealkw15/sets/72157622369346125/

Nice light steel frame, but hey, I'm a fan of these bikes already.

Also pictured are the STI shifters that came off it. They work well, and have been cleaned out and lubricated. One has been polished to see how it comes up, but the other is still weatherbeaten. The brake adjusters are present, but currently tied to the other ends of the cables so they don't get lost.

If you fancied a retro rebuild with thumbies, I have the Exage Trail SLR brake levers and cantis that were on my own Tufftrax bought from new, if you are interested. They are actually pretty mint, with hoods and adjusters, as I changed to Vs waaaay back. I can furnish pictures if you want.

I also have a Biopace chainset with alloy 48-38-28 rings, and NOS 48T and 28T black steel Biopace rings as well.

Give me a PM if any of this is of interest at all!

Cheers
Steven

Back