peugeot carbon pro 1989

hurin76

Retrobike Rider
here is my carbon pro which was bought in france ..i added the campag pedals and some black bartape...apart from that, it is how it came..

spec is shimano 105 throughout apart from the brakes which are shimano 600 and mavic rims spidel hubs, cinelli stem and bars, miche seat post, stronglight chainset

Attachments

• small pic bike.jpg
    small pic bike.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 3,070
carbon pro

i like it....i like it alot...apart from i need a new set of decals...if it is a peugeot carbon pro that is....

here is a link to the original carbon pro

http://cyclespeugeot.com/images/1989_Peugeot_4.jpg

here are some pics of how it was when i bought it...

Attachments

• dsc00999_133.jpg
    dsc00999_133.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 3,049
  • dsc00998_132.jpg
    dsc00998_132.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 3,049
  • dsc00997_512.jpg
    dsc00997_512.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 3,049
Re: carbon pro

hurin76":2xvbxzy8 said:
here are some pics of how it was when i bought it...

Even though the old bar tape was rather ugly, I didn't mind it. The black does look pretty good though.

How does it ride?

carbon pro

it rides very well..very responsive and direct..extremely light..i just need to tighten the bottom bracket..and get it back from france...

Very interesting. Who build these? Peugeot? Or were they built by someone else.

Any racing pedigree?

peugeot

I haven't any idea who makes the frames, i always presumed peugeot had fabricated them, but it does look very much like a TVT frame..

It does look like it's a TVT. Strange how Peugeot went about selecting the manufacturers to use their frames and rebadge them. I know they used to carry the Vitus 979 aluminium frame, but then for carbon frames they used Alans and, apparently, TVTs. I have no idea why they didn't just use the Vitus carbon frame because it's very similar and they were already doing business with Vitus. And it also seems strange that they at one point switched from Alan to TVT or the other way around.

Back