Pee Wees SSMM Training and Preparation Thread - NO ELITISTS!

actually, the neat thing to do would be gut that lamp and drop in a li-ion battery and a 20w halogen bulb or even a HID if you're feeling flush!

I've not ridden a bike since the North Downs but I am riding the HONC this weekend. Am I training to much?

Those lights rock. And to save having to re-charge batteries you could run them with candles instead. Awesome.

I was thinking dynamo is the way to go for that lamp - you then need to go fast to see where you are going. Perfect motivation!!!

Note also means you won't be seen when you get off or go real slow - bonus!

Russ, think you are doing the perfect training - keeping yourself focussed on the big events, not burning yourself out in the interim. Like it.

gump":wfwgoxfm said:
Russ, think you are doing the perfect training - keeping yourself focussed on the big events, not burning yourself out in the interim. Like it.

Well, yeah thats what I thought. I've read somewhere that periods of rest and inactivity are as important as exercise.

In May I have a race on 13th and a 45mile charity ride on the 20th so that should cover training then.

:)

Seriously, I will start to put miles in again after the HONC :)

Right... Seriously now! :)

My 10 week trainig plan for this mayhem malarky starts on Sunday with the HONC. After that its 3 or 4 rides per week with a couple of 'events' thrown in for excitement and motivation at various stages.

I've got a vague plan for a combination of long rides, hill reps, easy rides etc but we've got a few decent racers here now and some old XC legends, so any tips?

Right, i spent a couple of hours in Afan on Saturday, where I bumped into a certain Wu-Tangled !!, then on to Builth wells for the 50KM marathon yesterday. Was bl**dy hard work but very enjoyable.

Realised that I need to work on my drinking as the guiness's and Curry on Saturday were not helping yesterday...

Nicely done James!! Sounds pretty serious training to me..

HONC yesterday, 100k with (with?? ;) ) John and Jeff. That will do me for this week :LOL:

Judging by the times you guys did the HONC in either I need to go alot more training on it was hillier in Wales (think it was probably the former :oops: .) At the start I found myself stood next to Nick Craig and decided I should rapidly get myself further back in the starting pack...

Great couple of days though and bumping into the WU was fairly surreal ..

Back