94 cinder cone

-=Mint_sauce=-

Dirt Disciple
Right, got the making an ass of myself out of the way...

down to business... 94 Kona cinder cone,

what groupset should i use? where can i get a sticker set and should i go original or stealthy?

would it be sacrelige to have the frame powder coated matt black and make it a moody looking thing? have confirmed it as a 94 model by downloading the brochure.

are manitou mach 5's worth rebuilding? or is anyone selling any RC35's?

:D

Welcome!

I'd put some of that nice black LX on a '94 Cindercone.
Have you had a look at the colours available on http://www.argoscycles.co.uk/www/colours.html :?:

As for forks, tough one.
I'm sure some nice person on here would sell you some RC35s.

Or you could go for something a bit different and track down some AMP forks or Marzocchi XC600s or something!

Goodluck with the build! :D

Ta JS1500, nice clockwork by the way, i sold one years ago for £50 regretting it now :(

nothing on argos really takes my fancy, who else is good at painting bikes? would it be best to keep it original? and am i right in thinking the cinder cone was nothing special ?

one other thing, how much would a complete lx groupset cost me? ish?
cheers!

Louis

Thanks. I too once sold a Clockwork and regretted it!

You could try http://www.bobjacksoncycles.co.uk/resprays.php or find a local place.
I can't remember where the Cindercone was in the line up but i'm sure it's a good, solid frame and it's certainly retro!

A full NOS LX groupset recently sold on here but i'm not sure how much for... quite a bit though!

An idea might be to buy a cheap but fairly well equipped donor bike off ebay and take all the best bits off it.
Dunno if that is feasible - typing as I think here!

cheers fella, doesnt say a final price but about 100 doesnt seem too bad? guessing it went for more than 75..

could i get a painted frame polished or sprayed in a Ti colour or is that just being plain silly....

also another stupid question coming up!

can i convert 1 1/8 from quill to ahead?

about 100 doesnt seem too bad? guessing it went for more than 75
Yeah, more reasonable than I remembered.

sprayed in a Ti colour
Could do but I dunno how close to a natural ti look a paint can get.

can i convert 1 1/8 from quill to ahead?
You'd just need a new aheadset and a threadless steerer tube with enough length.

Mint
if there is a car body shop in your area you could try taking the frame to them for a respray, take a 4 pack of beers and £30 should sort that out

I'd go for a dark color myself and get some cheap carbon bars off ebay with a red stem or something

matt black powder coat it is!

now i just need to find the rest of the parts to build it... who is the resident kona supremo on here?

got lots of brain picking to do!

i picked up a gt talera today... think it has a "u brake" other than a missing seat tube its completely original same lady owner for last 13 years!

would this be worth fragging for the right period parts? thinks its soemthing like 300gs...

Latest posts

Back