The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimmycth":2hthlmvk said:
Sorry but nobody knows anything about the Marin Muirwoods (which I assume it is) I posted earlier?

Have a look on the bottom bracket shell for a frame number. Then we can work out what model it is. Couldn't tell you otherwise what it is.

Vuelta Airline 1

I have a good pair of Vuelta Airline 1 wheels to sell with STX hubs, any ideas on value ?

DSC04351.jpg

STX hubs :

DSC04352.jpg

DSC04353.jpg

They don’t have stainless spokes so they could do with a bit of a rub with wire wool but other than that and some of the stickers are lifting slightly around the edges they are very good condition and run quite true.

I think they have been stood more than they have been used as the hub bearings are still nice and tight and I am pretty sure they have never been apart, I think this is even the original grease overspill :

DSC04354.jpg

The rims still have the original machining / turning marks on them, the discoloration on the alloy would go after a few rides worth of braking :

DSC04355.jpg

Rim tape and skewers would be included as pictured.

In addition, any ideas how much a set of wheels costs to post ?

Cheers,

WD :)

Mongoose IBOC Pro SX Carbon Hardtail

Hello all,

I'd like to get an idea of what the above mentioned bike might be worth.

The bike is from the early 90's and has a carbon frame with Manitou Answer forks (about 50mm of travel). The components are 1st class quality being either 1st generation M900 XTR (Cranks, 8 Speed Shifters/Brake Levers, Rear Mech, Hubs and probably the Cassette) with XT Front Mech & Canti Brakes. The wheel rims are Campag Stehno. The quill stem, riser handlebars & brace are by Tioga.

The bike is in very good condition although not perfect. I undertand it has only covered about 500 miles. The owner went aborad soon after purchase and it stayed in storage for about 15 or so years. I got hold of the bike back in 2007. I believe that the tyres and inner tubes are the original's.

Sorry but I'm unable to uplooad a picture as it too large (and not smart enough to re-size it) but I can e-mail this to anyone who would like it

Any help or comments are gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Jules

Re: Mongoose IBOC Pro SX Carbon Hardtail

julesg007":1ji72rvl said:
Hello all,

I'd like to get an idea of what the above mentioned bike might be worth.

The bike is from the early 90's and has a carbon frame with Manitou Answer forks (about 50mm of travel). The components are 1st class quality being either 1st generation M900 XTR (Cranks, 8 Speed Shifters/Brake Levers, Rear Mech, Hubs and probably the Cassette) with XT Front Mech & Canti Brakes. The wheel rims are Campag Stehno. The quill stem, riser handlebars & brace are by Tioga.

The bike is in very good condition although not perfect. I undertand it has only covered about 500 miles. The owner went aborad soon after purchase and it stayed in storage for about 15 or so years. I got hold of the bike back in 2007. I believe that the tyres and inner tubes are the original's.

Sorry but I'm unable to uplooad a picture as it too large (and not smart enough to re-size it) but I can e-mail this to anyone who would like it

Any help or comments are gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Jules

what is the brand of the frame ?

Raleigh Rsp full titanium frame, think its from 96, raw ti finish 18" with out disc mount.

Could anyone give me an idea of what its worth?

Hard to tell really without pics,
ive seen complete bikes go for a quite a few hundred down to frames going for next to nothing.
The market can really vary on this one and it depends on condition,which model,age etc etc
But as already said if youre meaning to sell it on ebay then it will sell for what its worth

If it helps i paid £200 for a 1998 torus frame [the one in the pic i showed you]

marin bear valley 1989

whats it worth? a marin bear valley from 1989 19 inch tange chromoly steel frame. the paint is average.

the spec is as follows

deore dx chainset

dx slr cantilever brakes and levers

dx thumbshifters

dx caged pedals

biopace chain rings

deore xt rear mech

sport lx front mech

marin saddle

araya rx7 rear rim shimano 7 speed hub

shocktech front hub fir impes 192 front rim

Attachments

• DSC02175.JPG
    DSC02175.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 1,657
  • DSC02176.JPG
    DSC02176.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,657
  • DSC02179.JPG
    DSC02179.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,657
  • DSC02186.JPG
    DSC02186.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,657
coomber":39hnsdzi said:
jimmycth":39hnsdzi said:
Sorry but nobody knows anything about the Marin Muirwoods (which I assume it is) I posted earlier?

Have a look on the bottom bracket shell for a frame number. Then we can work out what model it is. Couldn't tell you otherwise what it is.

It's M84CS6115. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back