REAL ALE WOBBLE 2009 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
definately.

Its certainly a "moist" event.

Still remember a patch of gloopy sloppy mud approx 20m long that I was powering through, trying to avoid people who were putting there feet down after losing momentum with all the zig zagging past people I must have done 40m through this 6-8" deep mud patch, only to have my back wheel slide out from under me within 2 meteres of the dry ground. Landed on my side, got covered, took a bow and a round of applause from all the muddy footers...brilliant!

orange71":ik97i5b2 said:
ededwards rode his (bright yellow) rigid singlespeed P7 last year :D

Ed "The Machine" Ededwards wobble 08

DSC05141-1-1-1.jpg

I've built my Saracen frame up SS and the RM has now been blessed with a whole 7 speeds. I think i'll try and ride them both a few times over the coming weeks and then make a decision. Although I am feeling the SS vibe at the moment :D

Going to try and talk a few mates into doing this while on our Saturday morning ride tomorrow. Looks like a proper giggle!

so can you just turn up and enter this or do you need to book? also if i risk camping in the field does that need booking?

might bring a mate aswel.

i've ridden up there before but never done this event although i have been a little worse for wear in the various pubs in town! :D

yup - you can turn up on the day and just pay (a little more, but not much) - shorter queue for the pay on the day too :roll:

camping is free every year I've been. Not the best facilities of course, but you're not there for that :LOL:

We are booked in ... Right old posh place :shock: in Llanyre? 10 in all , 5 riding and the 2 beagles :D Well looking forward to it.

BRING ON THE MUD :cool: :LOL:

orange71":3grside6 said:
yup - you can turn up on the day and just pay (a little more, but not much) - shorter queue for the pay on the day too :roll:

camping is free every year I've been. Not the best facilities of course, but you're not there for that :LOL:

Camping last year was £5 a night...the art is not to bump into the bloke taking the money...seems most managed it but we were caught on the way back from the shower and pestered for cash, by return we were given a "paid" tag for the tents and a bin bag for wet clothes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back