Disk mount adapters for non-disk frame. (DIY)

well hopefully someone can come up with one. ive put up a couple threads with no replies and ive now asked a few people with i drives one here. it would be the cheaper option. i have two rear ends and neither have disc mount. one is polished so wouldnt need stripping and the other is blue. i dont want to fork out too much though

i have an xcr 1000 which i just received from barney to replace my broken xcr 3000 so, i have two rear ends with no disc mount in sight! :(

i think my model is the 2000 one. i think the models from 2001 onwards had disc mounts. most rears are compatible, just as long as it has the eccentric bb housing and pivot point. the newer i drives are different and it is very easy to tell which will fit

I put the wheel in and placed the caliper on disk. Lined it up and squeezed the lever to hold it in place so I could have a look at the positioning. It looks like the A2Z parallel to is adapter will make the perfect braze on disk mount :)

picture1877.jpg

I found it on Woodmans website by accident as I was actually looking at their headsets which are very nice.

The USA has several companies making such things, the woodman and another have a torsion bar thing that runs from the clamped on mount to a canti brake pivot to help spread the stress caused by the disc brake forces.

Just Checked its a Woodman Disco brake adaptor costing $87 what ever that is in pounds of the realm excluding shipping and tax.

Looked way better than an A2Z adaptor.

Just found the link below to a UK distributor, pricy but nice and includes a Woodman Disco hub for £140 all in.
[/url]http://www.greyville.com/brands/40527568/categories/164

Back