Mountain Goat Deluxe(NEW PICS)

Something as vintage as that with "THAT PAINTJOB" just doesnt need to be ridden as a hack/singlespeed/make-do hack bike. In fact it just needs restoring and cherished.

Look, I'll GIVE you a bike you can use for the riding duties/purposes just dont torture that frame any more.

:( :(

blimey!!

April 1st came round quick!!

Al. :?

Whats the big deal here anyways? :D

As I see it, the only problem is the disc-brake. If it was welded on to the frame, that was just stupid. You just ruined a 1000 dollar (if not more) frame, good work (not) :)

It is obvious it has been converted into a cruiser, lots of people do that to high end Kleins for example.

Hes got purple Cookbros cranks, a stone age ugly Pace fork and many other vintage parts on it. So the handlebars are not old school enough to justify an entry in any secret brotherhood of Vintage Mountainbikes forums, but if you built a cruiser would you not trust a modern handlebar more than a 17 year old super-lightweighter from the back in the day?

It is definitely one of the ugliest bikes around here and would be top 3 material for any "Dork bike" thread here (sorry) :eek:

Er, some rather harsh remarks here for what usually prides itself on being a friendly place... :cry:

Amazing looking frame - pop some cantis or Vs on it tho!

Cheers

to be honest the only thing most people are complaining about are the modern wheels and the disc brake.

only 1 person has disliked the frame.

Seeing the pic reminds me a bit of when I started with cycling again, back in 2001 or so. I mounted all new stuff the webshop had available on over a decade old frames and so on. I didn't care about authenticity, vintage correctness or whatsoever. I can hardly imagine that I did that now, but I did and I must say they were great times also. Kinda makes me yearn for those early pre vintage enthousiast free spirit days. Less being capable to appreciate what I consider beautifull nowadays, but also total absence of bias.

Anyway, I can understand concerns about that disk brake and more particular in which way the disk brake is mounted. In case not done properly it can result in framefailure. Everything can be repaired, no problem, but that paint is a quirky authentic masterpiece that for sure will be damaged with a repair. Of course every owner of such a nice piece owes the world that future generations can be taught on how a proper bike has to look like, so you should certainly look after it very well. Ruined in action okay, but ruined by a not so wise brake construction -not so good.

Back