Mountain Goat Deluxe(NEW PICS)

Re: Mountain Goat Deluxe

Californian hippie":hunxcpz0 said:
Rescued from a relative, sat unused for 13 years! stripped all the old XT group set, and rebuilt with a bit of new and old.

put it back how it was.

magas":b21bk7bn said:
I guess this bike will polarize a bit here :?

Polarized over here, though if you enjoy it more power to you.

Will you be fitting front brakes as well?

Lovely looking frame, not my choice of build but it's yours so you should do with it as you wish (although stick around here a bit and you may hanker after the M730 stuff as Jez and others suggest).

Kudos to you though for rescuing it from storage in the first place and getting it out and ridden - these things are supposed to see the light of day!

Incredible frame. Well done for getting it going again.

I personally think members should build their bikes whatever way they like, but I must say that if it were mine I would be very apprehensive about the disc brake on the rear.

The frame wasn't designed to withstand those kind of forces, and there is a serious danger that you could snap or bend the seatstay. For example Dave Yates had several failures when he first started building frames with disc tabs, a problem he resolved only by building in a strut between the chainstay and seatstay.

It would be such a shame to break such a superb frame. V-brakes are plenty powerful enough anyways.

Latest posts

Back