go through the 'retro classic road forum' via the search engine and you'll find plenty of ideas and Colnagos

My 2p is for it to be drizzelled in pre 1984 Campagnolo Record

to give you some ideas:

a1s21f.jpg

3553343043_c84c8f4c7a_b.jpg

1c_461.jpg

I reckon its had a respray, as there's not much chrome showing. I'm not sure about it being a Master, as these tended to be top-range with chrome lugs, shaped tubes and more complex graphics. But I'm not sure cos yours looks earlier than my period of colnago ownership (the over-bracket gear guides went out of fashion late 70's/early 80's)
I'm with LGF on campag record/SuperR groupset. Bars/stem probably cinelli or 3TTT and saddle a turbo or concor.
You'll need a english/italian (same thread) threaded headset and an italian threaded bottom bracket. Contemporary gearing will be with a five or six speed block. Sevens probably came later.

have fun collecting, building & riding it

Thanks for the prompt feedback guys; very much appreciated. Will get cracking on trying to find the correct parts, suppose it'll take a while before I can ride her..

I've edited the title to say "Super" rather than "Master" - I got carried away reading the forum and completely overlooked the sticker that says "Super" - whoops!

Thanks again.

Mike

Colnago

Hi Mikeyb
Welcome to the forum. Lovely Colnago
Try google matuzmaster (or similar) as they have a lot of used and NOS colnago stuff, forks, frames etc. Geoff will sort you out and their prices arnt too bad.
I will try to dig out the web address when I get in.
Jamie

Back