Kona explosif 1996

bobbydavro

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys, i've just bought a 96' explosif frame (i had one years ago and it was stolen) i want to make it ridable so do i keep it rigid or stick some sus forks on it?

Also, bikes now have disc brakes??? WTF, do i opt for these or Vbrakes? or what?

Advice apprecieated.

my call would be rigid with a darn big front tire!

as far as brakes go... does it have disk mounts? if so, go disk, if not, go v! personally, I'm all for canti's - but then it's not like I ride all that fast anyway!

any chance of a photo? I'm a fan of Explosif's we've got two 93's and they're lovely!

cheers!

Hi,
1f_1_b.JPG

it's had disc mounts recently welded on and was resprayed at the time - depending on the condition i may even have it sprayed back to the original colours..

So what discs then? there are a few Hope Mono on ebay, are they any good?[/i]

Mmmmm, Explosif.....

I'd be tempted to go for canti as well!

Thats a really nice frame. I never had a '96 but I think it has go double ovalised top and down tube like the '97 - pure steel gorgeousness.

Gold for gold and do what you want with it old chap.

kona

MMMMMmmmmmmm, nice, I was watching this on ebay last week.
Cracking frame mate, big thumbs up!

jez-2-many-bikes":17vmjvrg said:
Keep the colour as it is - nice and classy. Diddy frame that isnt it...

i'm 5'9 but my old one was 16' - perfect for throwing about under you.

I can't wait till it's set up!

Oh and it was £250 and yes it's the ovalised tubes... :p :D :D

I'd say no need for a respray at all... it looks great (and classy like Jez said!), the decals look right (enough) too, all good!

brakewise, I reckon monos'd be just fine; Lord knows I see enough bikes with them on!

sweet buy (ooh, and welcome to the forum!)!

Explosif

Thats a great frame mate, saw it myself but was gutted as i am a lanky idiot and cant get away with that size!!

Enjoy the ride, it looks awsome.....rigid all the way!

Back