Kona now built

Cheers for the comments folks.

I deliberated about the seatpost and couldn't get a decent quality silver post in that size so went for the Thomson. Just wanted to get it done and get out on it at the moment. I'll live with it for a few weeks, but my plan was to either change the post (or stem), or take the annodising off the Thomson.

Tire choice was all I had spare. They were actually just taken off another bike and put aside until winter but the tires on the Kona were perished so put these on for now. Comes back to money. Just got 4 sets of tires for my other bikes and wheels, so again its a case of just getting out on it.

I'm sure there will be some other things needing done. Very happy with it though. Turns out to have been a good deal I think. Got it from a pal unseen for £150. He has obviously looked after it well. Spent more than I had planned though for now, so other bits and pieces will have to wait. Chainset is high on the list though as I think i'll need a 48T for road sections of my commute. First real off-road will be on Tuesday.

Forks are Exotic (CarbonCycles) from the e-bay shop. Tried for a few pairs of Pace and P2's but lost out, so went for these. Seem fine / good so far.

I wanted a nice ridable bike that I can use as much as I want and wasn't too fussed about keeping it origional, just 'in-keeping' with the bike as a whole.

Back