Titanium Fat Chance Frame L ebay - international ship advice

southherogrease

Retro Newbie
I can't put a link in to the auction, because I'm at work and ebay is blocked, but here's a link to the picture gallery for this bike:

http://home.csdvt.org/chs/aboutchs_page ... chance.htm

I'm willing to ship overseas, but when I went to UPS and FEDEX's websites I got outrageous estimated costs for shipping to UK/EU (like 400 USD). A potential bidder said that folks on this site frequently are able to transmit metal across the atlantic for 150 USD. How/Who?

Thanks

to be fair you can get it shipped cheap , but without insurance and tracking .

that frame should sell for a few $ , and I wont be happy a a seller , or buyer to ship without insurance and tracking .

Well I received frames via USPS Priority mail for $100 insured and tracked. I don't know how they got it for that cost.

A while back I was sent an intense tazer fs frameset from CA which came via Fedex in 2days. Cost $300 and then i got hit with tax, import etc...

Before you could be lucky and miss customs but i'm finding now that all imports i get have a customs charge on it. even small items like cranks marked as a gift.

if you are shipping abroad make sure to put on your auction that the buyer is responsible for shipping costs and any duty incurred. you will get some people complaining to you or winning the auction and backing out at the shipping cost which is a waste of your time.

shipping

when shipping from the USA, the post office is the cheapest, BUT there are size limitations on the box. I believe the current size is 120 inches around the box. If you are shipping just the frame you should be able to cut the box down without any problem. A whole bike with wheels won't fit within the limitations.

Back