Saracen KiliComp 93(?)

jeed

Dirt Disciple
Bought this via this thread and the frame was sent out super fast by GrannyGrinder (thanks), but I only got chance to pick it up off my neighbour last week and finally got round to building it up.

Lovely, lovely frame, and eventually will have a few parts that do it justice, but for the moment it's an utter parts bin special, nothing at all was bought for the build (apart from a USE shim on the way from Wiggle) - but with the aid of a rattlecan of white plastikote seems to have turned out ok (scuse the crap phone pics - digicam's died).

Just needs cables and a chain, and it'll be done.

Frame: Saracen Kili Comp (About '93ish?)

Fork: Marin Rockstar CroMo, Rattlecanned

Headset: STX threaded
Stem: Tioga, rattlecanned
Handlebar: Marin Lite
Grips: Bontrager Lockons
Barends: Not yet

Brakes: Cheap-as Tektros
Brake Cables: eventually!
Brake Levers: Avid Speed dials

Shifters: XT thumbies
Front Derailleur: XC Pro
Rear Derailleur: XT
Derailleur Cables: Soon
Cassette: XT
Chain: coming soon
Cranks + rings: Alivio

Bottom Bracket: UN54
Pedals: DMR V8

Hub Skewers: XT
Rims: Mavic D321s
Hubs: XT
Spokes: DT Swiss
Tyres: Wildgrippers

Saddle: Charge Spoon
Seatpost: USE (rattlecanned)
Seatpost Binder: Kalloy

Weight: Guesstimate about 25lb, ish, kinda

Attachments

• kili side small.jpg
    kili side small.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 695
  • kili front small.jpg
    kili front small.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 695
  • kili back small.jpg
    kili back small.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 695
Little info if your interested. I have just sold my smaller one of these to Oldave. From what I found searching around the net and this forum I decided it was a KilliFlyer 1993. This was mainly due to it having the Ritchey dropouts and being remarkably light and very nice to ride. There were some people saying that they had Prestige tubing, which is believable. That said I never found any documentation to prove it. There was none to deny it either mind.

If you want to re-Saracenise it (technical term) then if you get it resprayed you will find the Saracen S has been brazed over on the endcap of the top tube, which wouldnt be hard to remove.

Otherwise enjoy what will be a very nice riding bike :)

Pip

Latest posts

Back