Serotta Colorado Legend TRI

Defiant

Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
It's been in the "for sale spotted" topics before but since yesterday i have it at home.

It looks great, race/road bike do not have to take so much beating like MTB's so the paint still looks really good.
The pink has faded but that is fine.
At first i was planning to repaint it but that would be a shame.
Plan's: Repaint the wheels in a matching colour like the yellow from the decals or black like the frame.
Take the gears/brakes/handlebar of and make it a fixie

DSC06553.jpg

DSC06584.jpg

DSC06591.jpg

DSC06602.jpg

DSC06568.jpg

DSC06595.jpg

Defiant":1cfkfvyn said:
It looks great, race/road bike do not have to take so much beating like MTB's so the paint still looks really good.

In my experience the many roadbikes I got hands on overall tend to be in worse (or less good) condition than the vintage MTBs I acquired. Couple of explanations: 1st of all the tyres are way more fat on a MTB, what saves you from for example headset issues, 2ndly the average roadbike I sourced is approx a decade older, giving aging a decade more chance (rust, grease aging) and implying no benefit of 10yr progress in design (particularly sealing) and finally many MTBs were acquired as fashionarticle and are simply not so much ridden.

Without horizontal or semi horizontal dropouts you're not going to be able to 'fix' that but you could singlespeed it with a tensioner (although that wouldn't look very clean).

For what it's worth, I think that would look great with some traditional wheels and losing the tribars - the frame is the star so let it stand out.

I have been to a fixie meet last thursday and plenty of the riders used similar dropouts on their fixie.
But i have desided to go single speed and leave the brakes on.
I used it yesterday on the yearly carfree sunday in Amsterdam and it goes so fast that i do not want to ride it without brakes.

but getting rid of the horrible bars and stem will make it look much better.
Maybe get some bar tape in pink

i was going to try and buy that ybut you beat me to it! :)

but yeah, got too many bikes anyways for being a broke college student

bet it rides like a dream

but why the HECK would you want to remove the gears??? :?

Back