How many Pace's have we got here?

retrobikeguy":1xz5z9ld said:
Nice, was that a always campy equiped version then ?

Yep, it 'was' the campy version- the RC100 T I think-
It also had one of the first batch of RC35 forks on - (which I waited for months for) and the first batch of SPDs - which lasted an age.
Campy seemed like a good choice at the time - (and the 'T' had pace hubs) but within 12 months the campy stuff had all been replaced- it just didn't work as it should- indexing was awful and I think Campy had missed the ergonomics part when they designed the shifters... totally awful.
After about 3 years of hard use even the campy headset gave up the ghost, only real option was to replace with an aheadset - (and get rid of the sweet pace stem/steerer tube)
Frame went back to Pace twice under warranty- once with a snapped chainstay- and once with a cracked seat tube- each time the frame came back with a new lick of paint and decals- looked like new.
Last time it went back was with a broken dropout - yes those super thick non-replaceable horziontal dropouts- which was out of warranty- so the frame wasn't repainted - and now has a great scorch mark on the paint from the weld- :oops:
After that I had so many troubles with bullseye cranks- (had them welded back together maybe 4 times) I started to look for a new bike.
Had a ride on a 19inch Rc200 and I was sold- so I put my order in- RC100 has been in the loft ever since.....

RB

Geez Rory, sounds like you went through the wars mate...I was freakin' out thonking I'd cracked my BB Shell with all the creaking I was suffering with, turn out alot of Pace's have the same issue (also when it went for a respray, the guy had a good butchers and said he could see no problems with it...phew!)

Rich

Deshelved RC100

I've got an RC100 and at the moment it is my only bike!!! Been riding it for years. Still on Bullseye, hubs and cranks, original spd's and the good ol magura's!!!

Think it used to belong to someone form X-lite as it has machined out break levers to save a few grams!!!

Re: Deshelved RC100

Cherrymatt":2izuinxk said:
Think it used to belong to someone form X-lite as it has machined out break levers to save a few grams!!!

when you say machined out levers do you mean on the bar clamp like this :?:

pace.jpg

think this was a special thing done by pace .

I was freakin' out thonking I'd cracked my BB Shell with all the creaking I was suffering with,

Rich[/quote]

pull the b/b out clean re-assemble with copper grease (i know copper /ali
don't mix but trust me ) do this twice a year if you use it a lot ,stops te creaks

well it dose for me

mike

Pardon my ignorance but is Pace strictly a UK offering? I've never seen them before.

If anyone knows of a site where I can read up, I'd appreciate it.

They are sweet looking, I dig the square frame tubing.

Back