08 Orange P7 Pro

jeed

Dirt Disciple
Trying to cut down the collection to one retro and one modern - so got rid of everything bar the new (to me) Kili Racer (thanks GrannyGrinder :D

Picked the P7 up via cyclescheme a few months ago, and it's got to do everything. Reduced already as it was last years model, managed to knock it down by another hundred quid, then all i had to do was add a couple of racks i had knocking around...

So far it's done the c2c, local dirt jumps (got some strange looks cos the racks stay attached!), commuting 5 miles each way every day, Sherwood Pines, a trip to Afan, and a few multi-days in the peak. Not had a problem yet, and not sure if I could justify buying anything else seeing as how proficient it is at everything so far.

Brakes: Avid Juicy 5 185/160
Cassette: SRAM PG950
Crankset: Race Face XC Evolve Triple X Type
Forks: Fox 32 Vanilla R 140mm
Frame: Double-Butted Cromo Steel
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
Gear Levers: Shimano XT R Fire +
Handlebar: Supercross +
Headset: FSA TH 857
Hubs: Hope Pro 2
Pedals: Flat
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT Shadow
Rims: WTB SpeedDisc AM
Saddle: SDG Bel Air
Seat Post: Stick Up
Spokes: DT Swiss Competition S/S Black
Stem: Orange Stalk +
Tyres: Continental Speed King 2.3

Attachments

• unloaded.jpg
    unloaded.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 6,201
  • loaded.jpg
    loaded.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 6,201
Ah, orange p7...

Best bike ever...

Nice - I keep wondering about shifting a bit of the old stuff I have and getting myself something new!!!

Nice to see even the modern models can be set up for touring
I remember they used to use that in their advertising

What do new P7 frames cost ?.
when i bought my clockwork it cost £300 and the P7 was £400[wish i's spent the extra :( ]

On a separate note :?
Do you think those rotor sizes are big enough for all the loaded weight you will be carrying
I ran 185/155 just for bouncing about the woods and such.
Don't you think 203/185 would be better?,or at least 185/185.

I was out friday and passed a bike shop that had a P7 in the window

Weird thing was it also had a 953 decal on it ,i thought it was the R8 that had the 953 tubing,im wondering if theyve been sneaky,its also the same colour as the R8[orange]
I'll pop over during the week and get a pic to confirm.

I'd be happy with another clockwork :cool: ,i never could tell the difference between it and the P7 :?
'cept for the hundred quid :LOL:

Isn't the R8 Reynolds 853 ;)

R8 comes in any colour that Orange do, but the R8S is Orange as standard, the R8 Pro comes in the awesome blue/white combo as standard.

Was torn between the Clockwork (they had a reissue in, but only in 21") and this, but the P7 was a bit beefier, and a bit less obvious looking for if i'm trying to wild camp and avoid farmers with shotguns :)

Think the brakes are ok so far, if and when they die, i'll prob get Avid BB7s so I can fix them easily if they break, so I'll probably get bigger rotors then. Tend to carry bulky but light stuff anyway, can't do without a big fluffy sleeping bag!

Saw a re-issue Clockwork yesterday...definately a rare beast

You can get the R8 frame in Blue or Orange but think the complete bikes are selling pretty fast

p7

Just wondering,

I have a P7 and im looking at adding a rear pannier rack to it for a commuting bike. However, having looked at the drop out mounts - though the frame is drilled for a rear rack, the dropouts arnt. How did you get around this?

Cheers, Mike

Back