Would you bother?

deejay":2dnlblru said:
Spring only rusty stanchion chili things... Got mounts for disc brakes tho!?

Turds with disc mounts :shock: MY my,what ever next :LOL:

Chuck them in the bin ;)

A hardrock isnt too bad a bike,it can be built up real nice,just depends what you put on

dyna-ti":136nsqd5 said:
Chuck them in the bin ;)

THAT is exactly where they are languishing. along with the poxy buckled wheels with perished tyres and when i can get them off, the cranks too. :LOL:

So i've been spending again! Bought me some wheels for uglyrock...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

I also measured the head tube on the frame today after scouring the net for some forks wondering how long a steerer i need... The actual HEADTUBE measures 185mm with headset races fitted!!!? The longest steerer i found on a used set of forks was 205mm...

Are most modernish fork steerers removable or is it just the high end ones usually? :?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I dont think the modern stuff is bolted on i think theyre all press fitted
Z2'[yes yes,i know ,we're back on that old chestnut again]s use a bolt on and you can get a new 300mm one for £20 posted on CRC

But if you check ,theres a post recently about replacement steerers,someone here has a 10 ton press and is willing to supply and fit the press in variety For about £30
Very good price IMHO
If you cant find it ,post up and ill have a look,i put a reply on it so i should be able to find it again
Sorry,cant remember who originally posted it :oops:

Nice wheels at a good price you got there :cool:
Well done

Press fit you say? [Rub_chin]Hmmmmmmm.....[/Rub_chin]

Just so happens theres a 20 ton press at my disposal in work! :twisted:

Just gotta find summat that'll cope with my carcase now. (21 stone:oops: )

dyna-ti":1rrbt5p1 said:
Nice wheels at a good price you got there :cool:
Well done

Cheers! ;) Bargain i think considering they come with the tyres too. Don't know if the rims are any good but considering you have to pay £30 plus EACH for the Alex/Mavic equivalent i'll take a chance plus i'll save on postage too as they're just down the road! :cool:

Back