Diamond Back Apex - UPDATED 21/02/10

Red with black "tiger stripes" was a '91, even got a copy of MBUK with one in a bike group test (favourite)

I think it may have a 27.0 seatpost.

Attachments

• Apex '08 1 (Custom).jpg
    Apex '08 1 (Custom).jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 7,267
  • Apex april '09 (Custom).jpg
    Apex april '09 (Custom).jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 7,267
I'm loving all the Apex love at the mo :D

Yours appears to be a 93, would have been full DX including hubs and thumbies, previous 2 years has STI and bottom route cables and straight bars.
Aviner branded parts were pedals, seatpost, rims, Handlebars (although these are branded zoom Brahma bars)
T-Bone stem with seperate cabe hanger 93, integral noodle 91-92.

Smoke tyres 2.1 skinwalled front and rear for this whole series 91-93, in 94 they radically altered this bike and then included tioga Psychos

Would have left the factory something like this

Attachments

• 93 Apex.jpg
    93 Apex.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 7,257
XTSTIMAN":2ord6bgb said:
Red with black "tiger stripes" was a '91, even got a copy of MBUK with one in a bike group test (favourite)

I think I've still got that edition of MBUK, somewhere, too. At the time it was either my final reason for buying, or a confirmation I'd made the right choice (can't remember if I bought mine before or after the article).

XTSTIMAN":2ord6bgb said:
I think it may have a 27.0 seatpost.

That's what it says on Sheldon's website, but I used the seatpost on my hack bike, and I think that normally takes 27.0, but this seatpost is slightly too small, so I'm wondering about it being 26.8.

Scrat

That's it!!! Yours looks to be original apart from the tyres and seatpost? I can't bear to part with mine because of the way it rides.

Ade

ovlov440":30m0dhgx said:
Scrat

That's it!!! Yours looks to be original apart from the tyres and seatpost? I can't bear to part with mine because of the way it rides.

Ade

93, then - cable routing gives it away. Same frame, and fundamentally the same bike as 91/92. Great bikes, nimble, nice frames. Wheels a bit on the light side.

When my 92 Apex got nicked, I bought another Apex (in 95) to replace it.

Now updated.

I have swapped out the P2's for a set of '98 Judy XC's. They have had a full rebuild, and came to me in pearl white (the same colour as the writing on my steed) which is one of the reasons I bought them :LOL:

This necessitated a new headset (FSA) and stem (RaceFace) and bars (Ritchey). I have also changed out the XTR Canti's for XT V's which then needed a new set of XT STi's.

This is the first time I have had a set of telescoping forks so have nothing to compare them against. All I will say is that the change of attitude of the front end suits my back better although it isn't as sharp as the P2's were (no surprise there!). Still prefer the look of the bike as it was before, but it is growing on me.

Attachments

• 100_2140.jpg
    100_2140.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,429
  • 100_2141.jpg
    100_2141.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,429

Latest posts

Back