James Martin being a c*ck about cyclists

dorsetbikeloving":1x8sbiep said:
Am i the only one that found this funny?

No, 'cos there's far too many drivers who have a similar attitude to cyclists, and the likes of him and Clarkson just empower that attitude to the sheep that think every word they utter are cool axioms.

I am a very passionate biker but hes hardly been bad has he, just made a bad joke that has been taken well out of context.

Well he says it's a joke, now, now that it looks to paint him in an unsavoury light. Perhaps it is, or perhaps he really did it. I'm more inclined to think he's a keyboard warrior, but some people do seem to feel all full of bravado when behind the wheel of a car when there's cyclists about.

The fact is he will never drive a silent battery powered car would he, he is too much of a petrol head!

I thought he was road-testing it for a review?

The Top Gear lot are petrolheads, too, and at least one of them has test-driven the Tesla, might have even been Jezza.

Regardless of what anyone says on here he is a very good chef

Good for him - should stick to what he knows best, then, rather than blathering on in an arrogant, self-important way.

and actually rides mountain bikes, just in case you didnt know!

That's up there with "My best friend is...." defence ;-)

Easy tiger, pick on the newby why not. Every one is entitled to an opinion are they not and singling me out for public attack seems a little harsh. I like the bloke and he cocked up, blimey dont we all!

I thought this was a friendly forum! :twisted:

dorsetbikeloving":1kgoyypx said:

Only on every 4th wednesday in the month.

watched him do the Mille Miggly thing and just thought he was an arrogant twat.

Clarkson and everyone else is fine with cyclists as long as they obey the rules.

dorsetbikeloving":94pmqisu said:
Easy tiger, pick on the newby why not. Every one is entitled to an opinion are they not

Indeed.

And if you post an opinion, everyone is entitled to comment on it, including me

and singling me out for public attack

I haven't singled you out - I simply responded to the comments you posted - and it's not a public attack, it's simply comments in response to yours.

seems a little harsh.

Don't be so overdramatic.

This is an internet forum for discussion, you post something, other people comment on it. That's how it works.

If you're robust enough to voice an opinion, you should be robust enough for it to be commented on, otherwise you perhaps need to have a think about whether it's for you.

I like the bloke and he cocked up, blimey dont we all!

I'd never heard of him until this. His attitude initially (in the article) and the weasle words afterwards have made me dislike him.

Cyclists already suffer enough of this type of attitude without some posturing idiot giving the concept even more gusto.

Indeed it is, why would you think otherwise?

I bow before your superior knowledge of a man you had never heard of until today!

Can i just point out that i am an avid cyclist and have been riding and racing longer than most and even i am not naive enough to say that all cyclists are innocent. I see enough go through red lights and ride on the pavement, its a two way street. Please feel free to call me over dramatic although i think you will find you are using this term in the wrong manner but hey i must just be some dense guy from Dorset.

........besides if you really want to get petty and pick holes you spelt Weasel wrong!

Maybe watch the guy on a Saturday morning or read one of his books, you might just learn something.......oh and he owns a Santa Cruz so must like bikes, its not some random bike you go out and buy is it.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

dorsetbikeloving":1yavyp3g said:
I bow before your superior knowledge of a man you had never heard of until today!

I'm not expecting you to take my opinion of this goon to heart - I couldn't care less whether you think the sun shines, sunshine.

My opinion is simply formed on what he wrote, then tried to weasle out of, nothing more, nothing less. If he, or you, don't like people forming such opinions, then he should perhaps think just ever-so-slightly more about what he pens and publishes.

Can i just point out that i am an avid cyclist and have been riding and racing longer than most and even i am not naive enough to say that all cyclists are innocent.

Who is saying such a thing? All I've said is that there's too much of that type of attitude against cyclists, especially when such publicised fools say such things.

I see enough go through red lights and ride on the pavement, its a two way street. Please feel free to call me over dramatic

I did and do feel free, thanks.

I said you claiming my reply was a "public attack" was overdramatic, which it was, and is. HTH. HAND.

although i think you will find you are using this term in the wrong manner

Opinions vary. You think whatever you like.

but hey i must just be some dense guy from Dorset.

If that's what you think, who am I to argue?

........besides if you really want to get petty and pick holes you spelt Weasel wrong!

Kudos, you must be so proud.

Maybe watch the guy on a Saturday morning or read one of his books, you might just learn something.......

After what I've sampled of his writing so far, I'll pass. Why would I want to bother learning about some jumped-up celeb?

oh and he owns a Santa Cruz so must like bikes, its not some random bike you go out and buy is it.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Like I could really care what he rolls on.

But don't let that stop you rolling your eyes...

dorsetbikeloving said:
I know of him, my wife watches his tv shows and reads his books, I watched some of his shows, took one look at the smug fat tossa and took an instant dislike to him, so much so that I have the urge to stand on his throat till he turns blue! as for watching his show on Saturday mornings? I'd rather go to work! and I hate my job at the best of times but my hatred for that tossa if far greater! plus I refuse to bolster his viewing figures, bring back swap shop I say :) the youth of today could do with a used etcha sketch more than watching some smug arsehole cooking up something most of them will never eat or even like if it was stuck in front of them

oh and his choice of bike? well if its anything like his love of classic cars his accountant probably told him that it will be worth a few bob more if he hangs onto for a while then sells it with the providence proving that he owned it, please notice I said owned not rode as if it gets scratched or dirty the value drops ;)

Latest posts

Back