1996(I Think) Kona Hahanna - Updated with a few changes

AdamAsh

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I purchased this bike from a work mate for £30 about a month ago with the intention of getting it road/trail worthy and getting a bit fitter ....

Then I discovered Retrobike.co.uk and a new way to spend money.. haha

anyway here's my bike for now.

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

as I purchased it.

I decided to buy some DMR V8 pedals - £6 from ebay :D

I got a Magura HS33 front brake with a Shimano M535 lever for peanuts.

I also purchased a FSA Orbit X headset with Carbon cap.

A UN54 Bottom bracket

Marzocchi Bomber Z2 forks

Easton EA50 Stem

I replaced all cables for new Jagwire ones

So here's my bike as it stands now..

I fitted DMR Grips tonight too but forgot to take pictures of it as it was getting dark and my Iphone doesn't have a flash!! and it also has a crap camera as you can see..

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

I know it's not to everyone's taste but I like it and its cost me peanuts to build.....

Gotta try and ride the bloody thing next :shock: :oops: haha

Any comments welcome, good or bad ..

Thanks

Bargain. Never thought of using disc levers with maguras. how do you find it?

good to see you're getting sucked in like the rest of us, its aint arf hot in here, come in join us. :D

Excellent. Yes, that's a 1996 bike. You don't see many frames that the green Z2s suit colour-wise, but I think you've got one there. And it's a superb fork, so you should find there's a lot of fun to be had on that bike.

mattbrown":2rwdj0dc said:
good to see you're getting sucked in like the rest of us, its aint arf hot in here, come in join us. :D
get out quick............before its too late!!!!

Cheers for the replies everyone.

Regarding the maguras with shimano levers, there is a nice feel on the lever but not having ridden the bike yet, I can't comment on the actual performance until weekend when my pedals will be finally finished. Could do with some for the rear as the stock cantis are pap.

Am going to send the forks away for a longer steerer as I would like it raised a few mm but it's at it's limit and it's a press in tube.

Can't wait to ride it.

Will take some propper pictures soon

thanks Adam

AdamAsh":xouwgm0f said:
Am going to send the forks away for a longer steerer as I would like it raised a few mm but it's at it's limit and it's a press in tube.
That'll cost you more than the bike did! Alternative plan - buy Z2 (or Z3 or Z4, anything with removeable crown) with long enough steerer, swap crowns and steerers around, sell Z2 (or Z3 or Z4). Cost - eBay charges plus postage.

Back