1990 Fat Chance Wicked: Zig Zag

digdug

Cannondale Fan
Hey guys, thought I would post the first photos of my new/old ride that arrived last weekend. It's a Wicked (sporting Yo decals for some reason) using a full 7-speed XT build with painted Manitou fork, thumb shifters and bullhorns, and appears to be a re-paint in the Team Zig Zag paint scheme, but it's hard to tell. The paint looks factory, but no one I know has ever seen a Wicked in this paint.

Downtube gouges in paint are from a seller that doesn't know how to pack a bike properly... :( Ignore the road pedals, they were for the test ride before I took pictures. ;)

The plan over the winter is to get Rody at Groovy to pull me a Yo Eddy fork and a stem for me, to match the front end of the bike. :D

Enjoy!

wicked_001.jpg

wicked_005.jpg

wicked_013.jpg

wicked_016.jpg

Last edited:
that looks very cool, love the paint and I like the stem but the bars are 'orrible. thanks for sharing tis a beauty!

Hi Doug,

Long time not spoken. I am much more in roadbikes these days, as some conditions and among them my physical condition forced me to.

Very Cool Wicked you got there. Many will of us will remember it from the presence in the old FAT catalogue. Paint modelled after a FAT jersey is the story I believe. And, does it help making the grey/yellow/purple one forget? That was one nice ride too.

Hey Melvin, how goes it?

Yeah, it's a nice ride, and it makes it easier to forget the Wicked Lite. This one is just as nice, too. A bit larger, but not out of my range.

The stem is too long and will be replaced shortly with a 120mm to get my reach better, and the bar will be replaced with an Answer Hyperlite and pink grips. If I could find a clean set of Onza short bar ends, I'd be all set. :)

Next winter, the bike will go back to rigid with a fluorescent pink Yo Eddy fork and a custom stem to match. Looking forward to that.

Nice to have a Fat again.

Is this the one that was on ebay, from the same seller that was selling the fat shock-a-billy? He had it advertised as a Yo, didn't he?

I was close to picking this up, but backed out.

Cool Fat regardless :cool:

Yup, same bike.

He had that SAB listed for 2 weeks at a $800 first bid, with no bids, and then sold it a week later for $900. Go figure.

The seller was a dope.

Did you ever find a new home for the brown bomber? That bike seems to have been passed around like a cheerleader on prom night...

Doug Carter":1o9p3k90 said:
Yup, same bike.

He had that SAB listed for 2 weeks at a $800 first bid, with no bids, and then sold it a week later for $900. Go figure.

The seller was a dope.

Did you ever find a new home for the brown bomber? That bike seems to have been passed around like a cheerleader on prom night...

Oh crap...Doug! I'm so sorry, left you hanging about that other thing. I would always remember when I was no where near my computer, then it would leave me...I even mentioned it to fatmikeync, that I had to get back to you.

Now it's a year later, or so it seems :oops: :oops:

I imagine it was sold, or you decided to keep it.

In regards to your bike here, yes, the seller was a man of few words, hehe. Couldn't answer some questions, so I backed out, not to mention his pics were horrible. Cool color, even if it is on a wicked ;)

Yes, the brown bomber has moved on once again. It was a tad small for me between the headtube and seatpost. Plus, I had picked up a 86 Fat in much better condition to use as my beater or future project, so I decided to part with it. The brown bomber is making it's way back out west, to colorado; sold fairly quickly once on ebay.

Back