London Skyride. 20th Sept

Will be there ...since its local.

Likely on my old RC100...give me a wave if you see me. (i'll have my Retrobike casual "thumbie" T on.)

I ll be easy to spot , Stumpjumper team with my boy in tow .
and it has risers and bar ends . :LOL:

I took the blingtacular RC200 out (thats twice in 1 month now people!)
Had some one who knew some one off here ask to take a photo of it whilst I was absorbing goody bags in St. James park.

As per last year, the event itself was a bit naff. Im sure its fun if you take your kids out but I just found it annoying seeing parents barely capable of riding in a straight line them selves letting very small children wobble and stray all over the place.

I saw 1 child stray into the path of another older child which then caused a stack. And another incident in the tunnel off the embankment where a group of young (7-8 yr olds?) were waiting at the side of the road for an even smaller kid to catch up, they yeld out to him, he stopped in his tracks mid tunnel and ended up with a large chap on a racer running into the back of him.

Also the fact it was so congested. Took longer to do the route whilst the streets were closed to traffic than it did when I used to commute from paddington to tower hill (roughly the same route, but a little bit further to paddington station).

I think the art is to get there early. (or just do the same ride early on a sunday morning when its quiet.)

i did not go in the end .

my wife wasnt happy to ride with baby on her bike , with plenty of people about . she is not the best of cyclist .

Back