Kielder Octoberfest Race. RB Team Entries Wanted 10th Oct

Been commuting on the fixed lately. Nice wee workout. :) Hoping to get some more road miles in this week.

sinnett177":1q6u7q02 said:
kaiser":1q6u7q02 said:
Was thinking of this as a wee training run

http://www.7stanes.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-747DQL

Looks interesting Klaus. Dates pending I might be interested in joining you if I may.

I've not got around to entering Kielder yet, any chance the good Doctor can save me a slot.

Training wise i'm road biking to work each shift, 14 mile each way so i'm doing about 100 mile a week at the moment. But haven't given the mtb's a blast since the big dirty weekend.

Found anything in the lakes yet Mark?

I was thinking of taking the bike over to Grizedale in December. One of my annual jollies is The Grizedale Stages Rally- one of the few rallies I still bother going to TBH as its a nice place and there is a good mixed bag of cars and a healthy entry list every year. I thought it might be fun to combine the two- a bit of spectating, a bit of riding, pub lunch etc etc. Anyone up for it?

Si

Wasn't my fav trail tbh (north face) but don't know the lakes that well, velo felt the same and recommended some other place the name escapes me :oops:

Dr S":3lu4w3oh said:
sinnett177":3lu4w3oh said:
kaiser":3lu4w3oh said:
Was thinking of this as a wee training run

http://www.7stanes.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-747DQL

Looks interesting Klaus. Dates pending I might be interested in joining you if I may.

I've not got around to entering Kielder yet, any chance the good Doctor can save me a slot.

Training wise i'm road biking to work each shift, 14 mile each way so i'm doing about 100 mile a week at the moment. But haven't given the mtb's a blast since the big dirty weekend.

Found anything in the lakes yet Mark?

I was thinking of taking the bike over to Grizedale in December. One of my annual jollies is The Grizedale Stages Rally- one of the few rallies I still bother going to TBH as its a nice place and there is a good mixed bag of cars and a healthy entry list every year. I thought it might be fun to combine the two- a bit of spectating, a bit of riding, pub lunch etc etc. Anyone up for it?

Si

Not really had a chance to get out exploring yet Si, but would definitely be interested in a Grizedale meet. Infact anytime you fancy a blast around the lakes you'd be very welcome to stay over at ours, Windermere is just 25 mins away by car.

Anyhow off on hols in the morning, just need to finish this night shift off.

Have a good hol Mark and sort a date for a blast in the Lakes and i will add it to the NE calender

Si

velomaniac":17sdxfln said:
In the lakes ride Whinlatter near Keswick, Grizedale is just not worth the effort :roll:

Grizedale has some great tracks- just got to know where they are. the official routes are not great but the forest has plenty to offer.

That's what I heard si, albeit after I had finished the north face trail (which was not that good IMHO) tis a big Forrest, good if you have a handle on the cool trails.

Latest posts

Back