Status
Not open for further replies.
FluffyChicken":2ygy6pb2 said:
To
chris5675,
Yorl
&
Orion

all three are worth £0, nothing, zip, nada, nothing.
They are all modern and this is a Retro site and you are in the 'RETRO' chat

Which generally means mid 90's and before.

Please stop posting modern stuff in here.

(this is of course my opinion , but also another reason this 'guess the price thread' has gone down hill)

:LOL: next year mine will be 10 years old, that's almost retro ...

Re: Partially leaving the hobby.

lucifer":2tfuie5h said:
Hi, cool bikes :cool:

The buck shaver frame goes for $200 to $300, maybe slightly more if it's in great condition. I've rarely seen them go higher. With the parts in ss mode, perhaps $500. So definitely worth parting out.

The nuke proof ti is a bit tougher to price gauge. If an old Merlin frame from the same time period can draw as much as $900; a Fat Ti, around $1500 to as much as $2000 (one of them did about a year ago), and a wtb phoenix ti around the same. While a bontrager Ti lite frame has gone for around $400/$500.....

one could argue your Nuke proof complete should draw around $750 to $900 with the right buyer. The frame alone just slightly less.

I could be way off on the nuke proof :oops:

I think you may be underestimating the rarity and quality of the NP frame and the condition and parts spec on both bikes. I am of course biased as I built them and searched slavishly for the right parts.

I'm not underestimating; just being realistic. Not if you find the right buyer who would build it just like you have it, then you will get a good price for it, higher than I stated. It always cost more to build your bike piece by piece than to buy it whole, and you almost always get back more money when you part it out, as opposed to selling it complete. If you part it out, you will most likely get more than the complete prices I stated above.

Like I said, they are both nice, put it on ebay, and best of luck...hope I'm wrong ;)

Saracen Sahara Elite

Hi chaps sorry my first post has to be this but I'm going to be selling my early 90's Saracen that I have from new, it's all original apart from the seat and is in quite good nick for it's age. Just wondering if you could give me any ideas on what I should be asking for it?

Cheers
Andy.

DSC07443.jpg

DSC07444.jpg

DSC07445.jpg

DSC07446.jpg

DSC07447.jpg

Any Idea what my 96 Team FSR S-Works would be worth?

Having a shed clear out and it's time for my Team FSR S-Works. I have been told to have a look on your site. (by the way it's ace). A quick list of what it has.
Team FSR S-Works
Rock shox Judy DH (with Risse internals)
XT Mechs, Sugrino chainset, Hope front hub, XTR Cantis rear,XT cantis front. FIR rims, Grip shifts (cracked). Any Ideas? should I Ebay etc. Any comments appreciated. Wilko. :)

Attachments

• DSCF1598 2.jpg
    DSCF1598 2.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 2,097
Morning all - a friend of mine has a Cannondale F700 in Atlanta Olympics memorial paint.

From what I can tell, it's a 1996 / 1997 with headshock. I don't have details on the oily bits, other than the cranks are STX-RC.

I've read that this model was a replica of Tinker's bike for the Olympics, but he ended up riding his standard-liveried one in the end.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Woody

Attachments

• CannondaleF700.jpg
    CannondaleF700.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 2,070
Raleigh Kalahari

Hi to all, i'm currently riding a Raleigh Kalahari can
anyone give me any information eg: age,
specs, cost when new i'm not to worried
about how much it's worth as i'm keeping
it, and any other relevant information would be
greatly appreicated.
I have tried the usual google search but found nothing

Attachments

• DSC00353.jpg
    DSC00353.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 2,048
  • DSC00352.jpg
    DSC00352.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,048
  • DSC00360.jpg
    DSC00360.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2,048
  • DSC00357.jpg
    DSC00357.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,048
Haro82
The bike was not top end or even entry level MTB, but low end with low end components. So I wouldn't think it would fetch much in itself. I would say you'd be lucky to get anywhere near £100 for it even with shipping.

Wilko, no idea but some people like them here. I would guess if you split it you'll almost certainly get the more money for it.
Forks £40 to £50
rear mech £15 to £20
M900 cantis £20 if in good condition XT ones less.
Hope wheel, looks purple Which seems to be out of favour these months colours.
£50 may be if the rims decent and it's true
Cracked gripshift, spares or repairs I would have thought.
Sugino chainset, I know nothing about
Frame headset, stem seatpost ? no idea.

Kestonian, sorry no idea.

dodge321, seen as you're after info you'll need to post in a separate topic.

'Vintage' Mavic OR10 rims... new wheel build...

Got these on a new but quirky track bike build. Want to sell them to get a set of wheels with machined surfaces. Trouble is, no idea what price to ask for as I'm usually a MTB type. Any ideas, planning to Ebay I guess unless anyone can suggest a better route.

* Mavic OR10 700c 32 hole rims in gold with non-machined sidewalls
* Token flip-flop track hubs (sealed bearings, large flange, threaded on both sides, hollow axle for lightness, nuts included, rear spaced for 120mm)
* Swiss DT Competition spokes (4xpattern, hand built)

640_DSC_1382.JPG

640_DSC_1391.JPG

And thoughts very much welcome!

Doh.

Ah, yeah, sorry, just spotted the road bike version of the same thread!

The rims are 1980's proper vintage stuff if that helps though? :)

Ignore that last one. Won't do it again. Have slapped my own retro fingers in a retro way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back