Hello Everyone

bounty69

Dirt Disciple
Hi Everyone,

GREAT SITE

My name is Jamie (bounty 69) and this site has got me 110% HOOKED...

I started mountain biking in 98 and by the time i was in my late teens i was was appreciating all that was, trick bits, Missy, Yeti, Tomac, Malvern Classics and of course the late great JMC.

I used to ride every weekend on Cannock Chase from 91-95 when i went to Oz, travelling for a few years. Then got into the whole DH scene where i still ride today.

The best years of my life and not just my biking life were those early days on the Chase where trails were proper 'find your own trails' and each week we tried to 'out do' each other with new trick parts etc.

Those are the times that have inspired me to start retro building, to build the bikes that i used to drool over back then as we just could not afford them.

Anyway i agree with building to ride them but i am guilty of being 85% complete on an 1998 Shaun Palmer replica Specialized FSR DH. 95% of the parts are brand new so far and is nearly finished. This bike will i am afraid be just 'eye candy' but then onto my next project which i will be riding.

I have got hold of a 1993 Fat Yo eddy who belonged to an old mate of mine that i used to ride with on the Chase all those years ago, He doesn't ride anymore an has let me have it as he likes the idea of it going to a good home!!! It makes it even better that the frame and i have 'history', cany wait...

i will keep everyone posted with its progress

Wilkommen, bien venue, Welcome ..

Look forward to seeing pics of both projects..

If you look in the gallery section you will see pictures of some of the members on here cruising round cannock on thier retro steeds, might bring back some memories for you..

So, 'Bounty69', is it a chocolate bar thang or a kitchen towel fetish ??

Hi there

Whereabouts in Telford? I too am in telford, am interested that you seem to have been using the chase the same time as me.
The yo, its not a teal colour is it? Had a mate in Newport who had one back in 91 ish, was not aware of another fat around here!

Hi,

Yeah i'm from Newport too originaly, now living just outside. My mates name was Will. Goods times had over the Chase let me tell ye!!

Thats the man. So who are you then. Jamie here. To be honest i would be surprised if if i didn't know you!

The names Dave. It is starting to come back to me now, you wouldn't be the lad that had the alpinestars almega (i think)? Will had the red golf i had the grey golf gti and rode a black cannondale then the purple wicked fat. If you are the lad i thinkin of we used to ride with the dolomites on the chase (including the bloke that wrote for the magazines Steve Rowley i think) and went to kinver one time.
How is will? not seen him since we went to whistler in 97. cant believe he gave you his yo! mind you that bike had a hard life!

Dave, i remember you. You used to live Donnington way. Yeah its me and yeah i had an Alpine stars at the time.

How are you doing, did you come to the long mynd with us that one time. cause i found a photo the other day but could only make out a few faces.

Steve Rowley it was, i bumped into hime last year on the chase, hadn't seen him since i left for oz in 94 and we spoke about all the good old days and from that we are arranging a reunioin around june time this year, wills coming over from France aswell, do you fancy it???? i even found my Dolomites jersey that we all had.

i remember that ride over Kinver aswell.

jamie

Back