Ribble recycling

clownfish

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Not as spectacular as some 'tip finds' I've seen on here, but my good deed for the day yesterday was to rescue this from the local dump.

rib01.JPG

Actually, I can see why someone wanted to throw it away: the rear tyre holds no air and the bar tape is, like, *really* scruffy. It's also slightly big for me so I'll probably chuck it back in the skip later.

:twisted:

What size is it? My ribble was stolen recently and i'd love another!!! Scruffy bar tape or otherwise!

Nice one 653 tubing n'all.
The guys at my tip won't let me near the bike stash they have. I think there is a guy in the area who pays them a few bob to get the bikes for him :roll:

wow, campag ergos an all.

Seriously, it looks too good for a genuine throwaway. There's a possibility its been nicked and the thief wasnt in the know how to sell on a road bike. I'd hold fire or take advice before doing anything, esp if youre selling & money changes hands.

pigman":3gxs0fgc said:
There's a possibility its been nicked

Yep - the thought has certainly crossed my mind. I can't imagine the original owner deciding it had no value.

However it was pretty filthy (dusty) when I got it. the wheels in particular were covered with cobwebs. This makes me think it's just been sitting in a shed for a while, before being binned in good faith by a relative or someone having a clearout. I'm fairly comfortable with it at the moment, although as you suggest I'll make gentle enquiries at LBSs & local groups before counting any chickens.

-

clownfish":3h7ivka0 said:
pigman":3h7ivka0 said:
There's a possibility its been nicked

Yep - the thought has certainly crossed my mind. I can't imagine the original owner deciding it had no value.

However it was pretty filthy (dusty) when I got it. the wheels in particular were covered with cobwebs. This makes me think it's just been sitting in a shed for a while, before being binned in good faith by a relative or someone having a clearout. I'm fairly comfortable with it at the moment, although as you suggest I'll make gentle enquiries at LBSs & local groups before counting any chickens.

That will be a garage/shed 'I've given up cycling, I'll take it down the tip to see if anyone wants to make use of it' type find. Looks to be a legit 'tip find' of the highest quality.

I get it all the time when its been sat and the wife wants room or people are moving house.

-

Back